M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran down to Blais this morning to pick something up. The bike is about 90% done and they ran it on the Dyno. I am reluctant to give the results as we are still missing the new exhaust and a few minor things. But I have a smile from ear to ear.

I plan on picking it up on Saturday and taking it out for some road miles. Gotta make sure it will get me to Daytona.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
for the $20.00 question, will the increase in horsie-power you saw on the dyno this morning be enough to justify whatever the expense of this work was?? Will be really interested in hearing what this kind of thing is going to cost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaltonH said:
for the $20.00 question, will the increase in horsie-power you saw on the dyno this morning be enough to justify whatever the expense of this work was?? Will be really interested in hearing what this kind of thing is going to cost.
Hmm. . . . . . . . .isn't that the eternal question?

For what I wanted to do and because the bike is so new and I am not aware of anyone that has done this yet then I think it is plus I get to share all of the stuff here and I hope it encourages a few other people to mod their bikes.

The money that I used to do this means I get nothing for Christmas for the next 5 years. My wife actually agreed to that.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Your wife may change her mind about letting you ride the bike if you make it look like JR is on it the first time you put it on the road 8)

Just be sure to NOT wear JR approved footwear and you should be ok 8) :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I thought some of the costs associated with the mods were favors called in? Thus...we might be able to get an accurate 'cost of the mods' you have had done? I'd still like to know..because if it isn't _too_ much, I may do it when I get my 9.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wildwolf said:
I thought some of the costs associated with the mods were favors called in? Thus...we might be able to get an accurate 'cost of the mods' you have had done? I'd still like to know..because if it isn't _too_ much, I may do it when I get my 9.
I think it was an extremely fair price for what I had done. And I had more done then just the motor. But prices will vary all over the country for the work and for the quality of the work. I just don't want to put Blais behind the 8 ball if someone else goes to them for a quote. If you need more info then that then call me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HalGreenlee said:
I think it was an extremely fair price for what I had done. And I had more done then just the motor. But prices will vary all over the country for the work and for the quality of the work. I just don't want to put Blais behind the 8 ball if someone else goes to them for a quote. If you need more info then that then call me.
maybe the guys could quote an estimated cost of what they would charge the average 109 owner and we don't have to know your cost :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I ran down to Blais this morning to pick something up. The bike is about 90% done and they ran it on the Dyno. I am reluctant to give the results as we are still missing the new exhaust and a few minor things. But I have a smile from ear to ear.

I plan on picking it up on Saturday and taking it out for some road miles. Gotta make sure it will get me to Daytona.
Hal, I am in South Florida on Business (Boca Raton) and would like to meet up and check out your ride. Im very interested in some of the things you have done so far... :D

If your up for it shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:pop: :pop: :clap2: I'm so excited, can't wait to hear the results and get the list of actual work done. :pop: :pop:

dynamos2000 said:
maybe the guys could quote an estimated cost of what they would charge the average 109 owner and we don't have to know your cost :dontknow:
This should be doable Hal. What you say? :dontknow:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hal, I live in Plantation FL. You gonna have the bike out and about next week to be seen by the affectionate masses? I would love to see and hear what you have had done.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Great to hear the beast lives again.

"I am reluctant to give the results as we are still missing the new exhaust and a few minor things. But I have a smile from ear to ear.
"

Sounds to me like your pretty sure the 140hp is a lock!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looking forward to the changes made and your experienced opinions and judgements on the ones you think were well worth the time and trouble,not to mention expense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts