M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a week of sweating bullets I've got good news!!! She is thumping again minus the horrible screeching sound!!! I just want to say Thank You to all that has PM'ed me, Called, Text and or Facebooked me about concerns, listening to me vent, brain storming and just thoughts about what it could be. Gratefully it was none of what we thought and it was a simple fix but with lessons learned!!

Problem:

One of the bolts that holds the set spring in place against the outer clutch basket end cap backed off until it struck the inner portion of the casing. That's what was making the screeching sound and it also explains why I lost no power and still had a working clutch. It started by only happening when I would pull the clutch lever in and it pushed that outer cover plate out and allowed the bolt to make contact with the inner casing. Eventually it vibrated out a little further until it was making continuous contact once we reached the BP station on Saturday that is why it was screeching continuously once I cranked it up. I have to take the blame on this one. I recently went into my clutch for the fifth or sixth time but this was just to check the thickness on the drive plate that Suzuki had a service bulletin about. I assume that I just forgot to torque that one bolt down to spec and it vibrated it's way out. So please take your time when working on the bike and double check everything. That is one reason why it took me so long to dig into my bike this week. I've had a busy week and I didn't want to tear into it when I was exhausted after 10-12 hour days so I just left it for today.

Special Thanks to these guys for listening to me vent, hanging with me until my wife picked me up with the trailer, offering there help and support but mostly for being a good friend knowing how upset and sick I have been this past week expecting the worse!! :bigthumbsup:

Bobbymac
Georgiaroller
Lonewolf
L.T.T
CHMGUY
Jazzman
Mountainman
Benji
Raider
Everyone else that was on the ride this past Saturday during the GA Meet and Greet that showed patience!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Glad you got the Beast hummin' again. Maybe we'll have to put um side by side, just to see how good it's humming! I'll even let you turn on those lil' tanks on the fenders. I'd like to see how fast you blow by me on nos. I don't even know what it looks like for a nine to go by me, cause it hasn't happened yet! :joke: Just glad it's purring again. You ain't no fun when the beast is limping!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
. Maybe we'll have to put um side by side, just to see how good it's humming!
Wolf, you were having a hard time keeping up with me and my stock 9....Chad will smoke you. :joke::joke::joke:

Oh, yeah....you were only running on three! :doh: I guess I might not be much comp. for you afterall. :D:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Wolf, you were having a hard time keeping up with me and my stock 9....Chad will smoke you. :joke::joke::joke:
:D:bigthumbsup:
Bobby, You saw it running ragged. It's fixed now, and without the juice turned on, it won't even be a race. I know(or at least he should) blow me away with the juice flowing. I'd just like to see how bad he beats me. Chad has a bad vtwin any way you look at it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
good news indeed, I was wondering when we'd get an update on the outcome.

·
Registered
252 Posts
glad to know you are up and running again, besides my motto is no one gets left behind.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bobby, You saw it running ragged. It's fixed now, and without the juice turned on, it won't even be a race. I know(or at least he should) blow me away with the juice flowing. I'd just like to see how bad he beats me. Chad has a bad vtwin any way you look at it.
to the old man with the lazy-max, i mean v-max any time you wanna test my R2 just let me know, I will give you 2 count em 2 bike lengths and take em back, stop on a dime and give you change.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to the old man with the lazy-max, i mean v-max any time you wanna test my R2 just let me know, I will give you 2 count em 2 bike lengths and take em back, stop on a dime and give you change.
:eek: WOW!! I guess our next meet and greet will need to be at a 1/4 or 1/8 mile track!

stupidracer

So when are you guys getting together and resolving this conflict! :clap2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts