M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Damn! Just when I thought my wallet was safe...I guess when I take it in for the first service I can have this stuff put on too :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yep.....bout time. Wish the pics of the windshield were better, but we'll take what we can get. Hal was trying out a new one this weekend hopefully it works for him so we can get it too!!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
WHERE IS THE CHROME??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Where are my chrome side panels? shaft covers? etc etc??
NO BACKREST??
NO RACK???
I could go on and on...
I am sure glad there is something. I think they will be lowering all their prices soon too... with all the $$ they are saving with those tiny pics!!

Sure hope the aftermarket guys step up quickly with the stuff that is missing...

GO GO GO Directline... I need want the bungee tabs with the removable rack....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Did I miss the sissy bar write-up? They show it in some of the pictures.

Carl

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
what's amazing is that it will probably just be the same design that they already sell with a bracket that fits this fender.
you would think it would be fast and simple....
When the attached rack looks exactly the same as what they already sell but we waited 6 months for it I will be glad I bought elsewhere

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, I like the $1500 set of hard bags. Hope that's a typing error.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally i like the 4 different seat types, but they all use exactly the same picture. You think they'd at least show a prototype (if they had one)

·
Registered
267 Posts
The seats are the most reasonably priced items. The carbon fiber items are worse than the garbage pail stickers on a school boys notebook. What a completely pathetic attempt to bring in some cash. Obviously they wanted to release accessories as soon as possible and didn't give any of it a second thought. One of the simplest things they could have designed would be a conversion kit for the rear cowl to become a storage area and releaseable without a wrench. The windshields are just plain idiotic. I'm still shaking my head.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did anyone notice the carbon fiber trim for the tank? They put it right over top of the factory tank sticker! LOL. :joke:

·
Registered
231 Posts
The engine guards aren't overly pricey but the pictures SUCK! That doesn't show anything. :edit:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I spoke to someone from Oneida and there are more things coming that will be listed soon, such as the backrest and luggage rack.

I am so dissappointed that the leather bags look like they are not going to be detachable. Ditto for the backrest. That sucks big time. The windshields look really nice, but again, I can't tell if they're detachable either.

+1 to SledZep... where's the chrome???

What is up with the hard bags swinging outwards like that??? Maybe that means they will be detachable? Doesn't really matter, because for $1500 (NOT including the brackets) I won't be seeing them anytime soon anyway.

I give Suzuki a C- for effort so far. Look on the bright side... this should get the aftermarket off their a$$es.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well let's see...

The pictures are not the same on the seats... If you look close 3 and 4 are thinner on the back part of the driver seat...as it states in the reading.... the back part is thinner to allow the driver to move back 1-2 inches...that kicks a$$ in my book with a 36" inseam....though they all look like the same material in the pics they will probably fix that soon...at least they got some stuff up there.... I like the tall windshield but definitely would like to see more of it... case bars don't look bad...looking forward to more info on the back rest also...

khrome

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Windog said:
Way to be on top of it Wanted :D ,But I don't see no locking kick stand.
Don't need one. They are listing a nice set of billet chrome tire chocks and carbon fiber tie-downs. :p

G

·
I almost died laughing when I saw the carbon fiber tank trim right over top of the WARNING LABELS. WOW, I guess they didn't want to spend the hour taking the labels off either :p. Those carbon fiber little doo dads are pretty pathetic. I do like the case guards, but looking at the bike this morning I can see where they will mount on the lower part of the bike, but the bolts on the upper part of the bike do not look that beefy God forbid that baby falls over.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The big problem with the case guards is that (like all of Suzi's other guards) they do not protrude beyond the tank; so in case of a tipover your tank (the most vulnerable part) isn't really protected.

Cobra, Lindby, etc. have made nice guards for the other Boulevards that are larger. I think I'll wait.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts