M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, talk about beating a dead horse twice with a large stick.....BUTTTTT...............Can you pull the entire baffle assy. out? I actually have a good reason to do this(other than wanting to be louder, of course! During the removal of the lovely inner baffle plates, my 1 5/8 Bi-Metal hole saw fell INTO the forward baffling, the hex nut fell out of the extension....talk about crappy.... Now, the exhaust still flows on the bottom exhaust pipe the same as the top(at least feels like it does just from the amount of exhaust flow i can feel with my hand when the engine is running) and it doesnt rattle.... But i want it louder anyhow, and i need to get that out im pretty sure, so can this be done and if so does anyone have a good walkthrough on it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
A Dremel with the flexable extension and a cut-off wheel. It will take some time, but it will work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried my trusty magnetic retriever,.....yet no luck, it would grab it but not good enough to pull it back out... im fairly sure the fingers would do the same... so the inner baffle can be cmpletely removed? if i pull the rear plate(which a hole saw can fix) will the rest of the assymbly be pretty easy to get out?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
PM JR
Get his Wheelie secrets
Practice
Then hoist up the front wheel to about 80 degrees off the ground
Ride over speed bumps till it shakes out... :joke: :joke: :joke:

Sorry I got nuthin

Sledzep

·
Registered
414 Posts
sledzep01 said:
PM JR
Get his Wheelie secrets
Practice
Then hoist up the front wheel to about 80 degrees off the ground
Ride over speed bumps till it shakes out... :joke: :joke: :joke:

Sorry I got nuthin

Sledzep
ROFLMAO

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeh mate mine did the same all i done was get a good thick piece of wire and bend a small bit on the end to make it like a hook of sorts send it down the middle of the exhaust and hook it through the centre and slowly pull the saw out it worked for me hope it works for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts