M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my opinion, but I think for the money we pay for the 109, the quality we get should be a lot better than it is .Take a look at some of the posts about the problems,and the factory warranty should be 3 years or more.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
silverbird said:
Just my opinion, but I think for the money we pay for the 109, the quality we get should be a lot better than it is .Take a look at some of the posts about the problems,and the factory warranty should be 3 years or more.
Well you know what they say about opinions, right? ::)

IMHO the bike is a great value for the money. Let's compare it to my old VTX 1800C. Same size engine, comes stock with 20 more HP and a 240 rear tire for starters, and it's about $1000 cheaper. I'd say I got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
silverbird said:
Do you actually own one, or are you here to ruffle feathers? I couldn't be happier with my 109. Not a single problem with the bike. I don't consider a dealer f-up with the oil as a bike problem. I would pay 14K for this bike if that's what they listed as.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to agree with the other posters on this thread. Since the oil problem has been worked out my 109 runs fine.
I do have to admit there are problems posted on this site due to driver error or neglagence.

Reed

·
Registered
379 Posts
I can't say I love my M109R just yet. I have a few issues. However as far as this bike being a good value I'd have to say absolutely it's a good value. Jeeez!! :eek: Go price a Honda VTX1800, or even worse, a Harley Davidson V-Rod and by the way this bike smokes both of them. I've already had the pleasure shaming a 2003 VTX1800 owner. And his bike had performance mods to boot. Yes the M109R is a good value, a very good value.

·
Registered
317 Posts
by the time you buy a new 1800 vtx, then a big tire kit for it, and modify the engine to make it just as fast as a 109 you would be over $20,000 and a void warranty. i think the 109 is a real good deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, this bike sucks. Sell it. Don't think you'll get more than 7K for it though. What a piece. :verymad: Just list it in classifieds.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
your the same guy who wanted to get rid of it because a couple nails in the tire. yeah it sucks, you better sell it now before it looses more value.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
bad109 said:
your the same guy who wanted to get rid of it because a couple nails in the tire. yeah it sucks, you better sell it now before it looses more value.
Yep same guy. ::) If you can't aford to fix tires when you have a flat then you need to sell the bike and buy one that's more inline with your budget. Pick up a used something for about 5K and then you can fix your flats and plenty of money to fix anything else that goes wrong. I don't think this is the bike for you. :confused:

Moved to the General Board

·
Registered
817 Posts
silverbird said:
Just my opinion, but I think for the money we pay for the 109...
Where does anybody get the idea that $12,400 is a lot of money for an 1800cc cruiser?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Best Bang 4 the Buck....Hands down... :D  :bigthumbsup: and I'm not talking about the shift from first to second... :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
traysvega said:
Best Bang 4 the Buck.... and I'm not talking about the shift from first to second...  :D
:a20:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts