M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, 109'ers just read the replies some of you posted I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers But I thought I would follow up, Yes I did buy a silver 109 and I'm on my third back tire one because of a blow out and one because of a nail and no I can't afford to be buying tires like that maybe I don,t deserve a $12400 motorcycle because it's going be tough to pay for and work is slow now. I just think that the quality could be better for the $$ My pipes are very rough and I can snag the cloth when shinning it and I don't like the plastic ties on the handle bars and I get a backfire when coming to a stop, while the clutch is in and I hit throttle.also the clutch free play goes out when I accelerate other then that I love the bike. And sorry I posted this in the wrong area before thank,s for moving it, I thought this sight was to point things out about the 109 not the person posting it. And then again maybe I should just keep my 2 cents in my pocket.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah some of the fellas were a bit hard on you man. :mad:Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the tires, but that is life. Sometimes that happens. My buddy rides a V strom and got two nails in his rear tire in 2 weeks. 2 new tires. That sucks but sometimes it happens and I doubt that the wider tire on the 109 had very much to do with it.
BTW why do you give it gas with the clutch in while coming to a stop?

·
Registered
817 Posts
silverbird said:
I'm on my third back tire one because of a blow out and one because of a nail
Bad karma. Could happen to anyone. Not the bike's fault.

silverbird said:
My pipes are very rough and I can snag the cloth when shinning it
Lettering stamped into the pipes. Every stock exhaust on every bike sold in the world has this. At least the lettering is in a place where is doesn't show.

silverbird said:
I don't like the plastic ties on the handle bars
Have you been to a dealer and looked at ANY other bikes? They all have plastic ties. Easily replaced from the aftermarket. By the way, if yours are on the handlebars, your dealer screwed up. Get them off of there.

silverbird said:
I get a backfire when coming to a stop, while the clutch is in and I hit throttle.
PAIR valve is doing it's job. If you don't like that, get rid of the PAIR, or stop gunning the thing with the clutch in.

No offense, but can you name any bike you've ever owned that didn't have any problems?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
silverbird said:
Hey, 109'ers just read the replies some of you posted I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers But I thought I would follow up, Yes I did buy a silver 109 and I'm on my third back tire one because of a blow out and one because of a nail and no I can't afford to be buying tires like that
Nails are a bitch, but there is no mystical nail-attracting power with this tire. It's just a run of bad luck for you. This tire is as wide as car tires, so you have a greater chance of puncturing one of those.

maybe I don,t deserve a $12400 motorcycle because it's going be tough to pay for and work is slow now.
I don't know about the deserve part, but only you know if you can afford the bike or not. I know I would cut some other "niceties" of mine before I cut my bike.

I just think that the quality could be better for the $$
With all due respect, show me a bike for this price with better quality and power.

My pipes are very rough and I can snag the cloth when shinning it
I noticed this on mine too. Hardly something to give up the bike for. I have no problems keeping my pipes showroom shining with a little Honda Polish and a Microfibre cloth.

and I don't like the plastic ties on the handle bars
Yeah, they are cheap looking, but very easily replaced with nice polished clamps for less than $10.

and I get a backfire when coming to a stop, while the clutch is in and I hit throttle
Don't hit the throttle. :bigthumbsup: Sort of that whole "Hey doc, my arm hurts when I do this"... "Well don't do that" idea. Apparently a PAIR valve mod will cure all those backfire issues.

also the clutch free play goes out when I accelerate
Is this really an issue? If so, what is wrong with it? I personally think this is due to the fact that the bike has a cable actuated clutch instead of a hydraulic one. The freeplay is there to be sure that the clutch doesn't stay 'feathered' all the time, causing it to wear out.

And then again maybe I should just keep my 2 cents in my pocket.
No, you are right to post your concerns. You just gotta know that when someone is posting complaint after complaint after complaint, it tends to start to rub some people wrong. All bikes have issues, especially first year runs. This is a superb bike for the money. One that I would easily pay a couple more grand for. If it isn't the right bike for you, then only you can make that decision. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Wanted said:
Lettering stamped into the pipes. Every stock exhaust on every bike sold in the world has this. At least the lettering is in a place where is doesn't show.
No, this is not the letter stamping. The letters are stamped on the under side of the pipe. I have felt the roughness that he, and others have mentioned on the top of my pipes where there is no lettering. Maybe your pipes are not rough, but mine are. A minor annoyance none the less, but still rough. That being said, it does not affect the appearance, or my ability to get a nice showroom shine with a little Honda Polish and microfibre cloth.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I noticed the roughness today.I was cleaning before we went for a ride(yeah!the Wife was getting ready!)I thought it felt like an overspray of some sort.The chrome looks good,but I noticed it.I also have a gasket that sticks out from a heatshield.I still love the bike...only 240 miles left til break in is done.(can't wait!)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sorry i was hard on ya. all this stuff is minor. i took care of a few little issues and adjustments on my bike and everything is perfect, didn't cost me a cent. i've never had a bike where something didn't break, have to be adjusted, or just learn to deal with. the tires are a whole nother issue and could of happened on any bike. i love this bike more everytime i ride it. over time after you get used to these minor problems, hopefully you'll love your bike as much as i love mine.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah hurry up and dump that POS before the market is flooded with them, Heck I'll make you a fair offer. I'll take it with a flat tire and any other symptoms it has. :p

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just read the original post. Go cry to someone else!! In fact, I think I heard your mom calling you to go home!! This has gotta bi Fritz's Brother.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
What about this post silverbird?
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2091.msg25705#msg25705

Re: New Member!!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 04:12:32 AM » Â

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great choice, I have the same color and love the bike. I got mine up over 100 mph on the way home from the dealer. I now have 1950 miles on it and have no complaints. Just break it in like you would normally ride it.

WHY DON'T YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
J R said:
And Josh comes up to the plate and its good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And its a homer he knocks it outta the ball park LOLÂ :joke:
Glad to see you guys are having so much fun with this you should be out riding your 109"s. As far as the no complaints I was referring to the break in. Batter up'

·
Registered
593 Posts
But it was stated when there were 1950 miles on the 9 - way past break in. Give it up bro your just digging a deeper hole for yourself. Keep the 9 and work through the bugs. If its to much of a financial burden i am sure you can make a quick sale. My brother wants one but he can't fund a new one so let us know.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
J R said:
And Josh comes up to the plate and its good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And its a homer he knocks it outta the ball park LOLÂ :joke:
Wow JR I feel Honored!! But, where did he go?? We were just getting warmed up! FRITZ!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts