M109 Rider Forums banner
521 - 535 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Maybe it went through the Star Gate :D
NICE~! LOL If it had be here already!

Finally hit them on FB made the guy get me tracking it had shipped but barley, seems our shipping girl is not on par for updates!

Pipe and bushings will arrive on 6/13 and have appt for them to start the mods on 6/16. Hoping does not take too long...

My new helmet isnt even here yet either! 8)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Hi.

I changed all my 6 mounts 1500 Km ago, when the miles setting was 45K - the bike is very smooth now.

It's the second time I've changed the front mounts (with the harder, rear ones) and the first time for the 4 upper/rear - since I had to remove the engine to rebuild the crankcase and the primary bevel gear, I took advantage of the situation.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
m109r engine mounts

Hi guys, can anyone help with a link that works now so I can buy the engine mounts?

Many thanks :)

First of all you will need two of the harder rear motor mounts. They are part #11652-10G30
I ordered mine from here and they were about $14 dollars each. That was the cheapest I could find and these folks gave great service:
http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/

You will also need two jacks....motorcycle and a one like this to lift/support the motor:

Now on to the stuff you must take off. You have to take all the radiator cowling stuff off. So the tank comes back and I took off the side covers as well:

Next you have to remove both of the footpeg brackets(2 bolts on each side) and the brake pedal. I didn't remove my shifter.....just sort of left it dangling but I did support it:

To remove the brake pedal, you have to remove this bolt:

The spring comes off as well. When you take the pedal off, there is a rubber O-ring that you don't need to lose. It probably will come off, just remember where it goes and put a thin coat of grease on it when you reinstall. Grease the brake lever shaft, too.

Remove this as well. It more of less just presses down into it's holder. There is a spring which you have to take off as well:

Next you need to remove the cover in front of the rear master cylinder....two bolts:

Ok....now you need to remove the rear brake fluid reservoir, so you can get at the bolts for the frame. I took the whole bracket off to make more room. I also disconnected my horn because I was pulling the radiator forward and the horn was holding it back:

Now.....I would take the bolts out of the radiator.....two at the top and one at the bottom. This will allow it to move forward and give you room to get behind it. This is what the right side of the bike will be looking like. This is CBR1000's pic. It also shows the two bolts in the frame out......don't do that YET!

Now get your one ton jack and support the motor.....we're getting to the good part. No pics of this but it has to go under the front part behind the oil filter.

Take out the long bolt between the front mounts, and the spacer.

Now the section of frame can be removed with 6 bolts. Slide out the old mounts (bushings), use dish soap or silicone grease (not oil, it degrades the rubber), and slide in the new ones with the spacer between them. These are the bolts that come out to remove the frame section.....there are two under the exhaust, two right behind the rear brake reservoir, and two on the shifter side right behind the radiator. In my picture, you can only see one of the bolts behind the brake reservoir....look at CBR1000s pic above to see both:

*****When you are removing these bolts, when you get down to the last bolt to come out....aka bolt 6 of 6.....it may be hard to get out. I had to screw it out all the way...all the others just pulled right out. I was worried that there was excess weight causing it to be in a bind and was expecting the worst when I pulled it out. Don't freak....the jack has got the motor. When Lucky helped a guy do his last week, he said the bolt did the same on that bike, too. So expect it.

Picture of old mount out:

The one ton jack will be a big help in lining everything up for the install. Also, if you can have an extra set of hands, I had Lucky, it will make this much easier.

Once the new ones are in, reinstall in the reverse order. I used blue loc-tite on all my stuff.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My bike is going out to Todd in Corning, NY next week to Crystal City MotorWorX to let him work his magic!

More to come... Adding REVO Raiser Cap with F* Gauges and gear indicator!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had a friend come over and help me with replacing my motor mounts. One of my winter projects. Turned out to be too much for me. Fortunately, my neighbor has a shop. He replaced the front and upper rear mounts. After seeing what was left of the mounts, I can wait for spring so I can see just how different the ride will be. I'm guessing they were the original mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
Suzuki Intruder M1800R 2007
14 Posts
Had a friend come over and help me with replacing my motor mounts. One of my winter projects. Turned out to be too much for me. Fortunately, my neighbor has a shop. He replaced the front and upper rear mounts. After seeing what was left of the mounts, I can wait for spring so I can see just how different the ride will be. I'm guessing they were the original mounts.
How many miles are on those mounts?

521 - 535 of 535 Posts