M109 Rider Forums banner
501 - 520 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Changed mine out while it was down and man did it make a HUGE difference.
Did you only do the front two? Are all six the same P/N? Or do I only need to have the front two done?

Buying 2008 M109R2 this weekend maybe have them take care this before I even pick it up! Only has 6100 miles thus far....

BTW dre, is that REVO 5" Cannon on yours? Dropped the $1500 for that bad boy huh?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
All six are not the same part number, the fronts and bottom rear are different part number and you do not want those as they are the soft ones. You want the upper rear which are the harder ones

You want part 36

Part 35 are the softer ones

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2012/vzr1800l2/crankcase

https://www.partzilla.com/product/suzuki/11652-10G30?ref=e61ce11b186dd461c48d1ba018981c2812b93881
Ok now Im really confused... #11652-10G30 is correct one, but do you put that in place in all SIX spots? Many said they only ordered two?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ok now Im really confused... #11652-10G30 is correct one, but do you put that in place in all SIX spots? Many said they only ordered two?
There are 6 motor mount bushings. The 2 rear ones are a harder compound than the other 4, consequently they hold up better to the torque and abuse our big engine produces. You can replace all 6 with rear motor mount bushings, but most people only replace the front 2. The center mount bushings are more of a pivot point and do not show much, if any wear. I have seen pictures of front bushings that were completely roached in less than 10,000 miles.

If I were you, I would only replace the front 2 bushings with bushings intended for the rear.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Taz
2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109r

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I ordered 6 and used 4, the rears are a real pain to do and it seems that generally they don't show a lot of wear. So the 4 I had done at the suzuki shop was the most forward 4. Again the most wear is generally the fronts. If you want to take the engine practically right out of the bike then may as well do all 6. But if your on your bike and ride it daily then maybe save the rears for another day or week. When I went to the harder ones I noticed slight engin vibration in the handle bars. Not a big deal for most but for a girl, I'll be going back to the softer ones after my wrist heals from tendonitis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Like Taz said

Most only replace the fronts as they wear the quickest.
Thanks guys ya only has 6,100 miles... do it now!!! A lot info... it's like drinking out the fire hose trying think everything to do! LOL

I signed the papers today but ordered Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black Fuel Processor & pipe, plus a few small things like engine guards to have put on while they go over everything so couple more weeks for parts to come in... They even had order my new helmet no SILVER in stock LOL

So how do I look? This is big jump from the M50 but should be able to get it down with some practice! May take re-fresher class, prob could use it anyway!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks guys ya only has 6,100 miles... do it now!!! A lot info... it's like drinking out the fire hose trying think everything to do! LOL

I signed the papers today but ordered Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black Fuel Processor & pipe, plus a few small things like engine guards to have put on while they go over everything so couple more weeks for parts to come in... They even had order my new helmet no SILVER in stock LOL

So how do I look? This is big jump from the M50 but should be able to get it down with some practice! May take re-fresher class, prob could use it anyway!

View attachment 377826
I hear you. I've been non stop with mods since I bought the bike, but I enjoy turning wrenches. It's my hobby

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
So has anyone had any issues with https://www.partsoutlaw.com ??

Placed the order for two of them on 6/2 and not heard anything about shipping and the website give 20 day span for parts for me?

I called the number off the site yet no one picks up? No tracking info at all provided?

?????????

501 - 520 of 535 Posts