M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I'm not selling my bike are you crazy!!

It's now the later part of November which means snow is on the way shortly. I'm sending my bike into storage this weekend. I won't see her again till at least April next year.

Damn that sounds like pure crappiness!! well at least in April it will be like getting a new bike all over again :)

Countdown till next riding season: 5 months :eek:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am so sorry that you have to do that. Is there any winter time riding that you do? Snowmobile etc? Thats a long time to go without torque.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we got just about 6" of snow over the last few days so I feel your pain!
Did you put yours away yet? If I don't do it by this weekend it will be a problem when the snow does eventually come. I don't think the 9 was designed for snow riding very well :confused:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am so sorry that you have to do that. Is there any winter time riding that you do? Snowmobile etc? Thats a long time to go without torque.
Thanks man. It's very very hard to think I can't even look at my bike till next year! Gotta be put away in storage away from my home.

No snowmobiling for me. I have to resort to strapping a wooden plank to my feet and thrusting my body down a mountainside for excitement. Going to whistler/blackcomb next month to help distract me :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh thats good, skiing will do just fine through the winter months :) I am glad you have something to fall back on.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Sorry to hear bro. We are close too. I figure maybe 1 or 2 more weekend rides but the highs will only be in the high 40's at that point.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I whine when it gets into the 60's lol. I guess I should be more appreciative of the weather.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yeah the old North Vs. South thing! I've lived both places for many years. Personally if I ever had to move back up north I'd kill myself. 5 months of hibernation is not something I'm interested in tolerating. Been there, done that, living in the south I found out that's not something you have to put up with if you don't want to.

I guess I could ride 12 months here, but I don't mind writing off Dec & Jan. Usually by the 2nd week in Feb. we start getting some signs of Spring being close around the corner & I'll start really getting the itch to ride again. So I take 2 months off unless we get some crazy 70 degree weekend during the winter then I'll be forced to go ride that day.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did you put yours away yet? If I don't do it by this weekend it will be a problem when the snow does eventually come. I don't think the 9 was designed for snow riding very well :confused:
Ya, mine is all tucked away for the winter in the garage.

Oh did I forget to mention that it is -14 here as well, -22 with the wind chill.

Time to move to a warmer climate!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Thankfully I don't have to put mine away. We do get a few Indian Summers but they are few and far between. So mostly I'll be stuck with some very short rides.I do hate to hear this for the Northern Crew though.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
No I'm not selling my bike are you crazy!!

It's now the later part of November which means snow is on the way shortly. I'm sending my bike into storage this weekend. I won't see her again till at least April next year.

Damn that sounds like pure crappiness!! well at least in April it will be like getting a new bike all over again :)

Countdown till next riding season: 5 months :eek:
almost te same here. but she stays in the garage were i can play with her at least.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Yep, it's gettin to be that time of year again. I was just looking at the 10 day forecast for Dayton OH and the highs over the Thanksgiving weekend are only supposed to be in the 20s. Looks like riding season may be over for this year....:-[ Time to change that oil.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ya, mine is all tucked away for the winter in the garage.

Oh did I forget to mention that it is -14 here as well, -22 with the wind chill.

Time to move to a warmer climate!!!!!!!
WOW! What the:edit: i couldnt do that part of the world! Wrap up guys!

·
Registered
169 Posts
parked

Minus 15 tonight with a possibilty of 6 inches of snow. It's time to get the dog sled out and snuggle up to my little lady lol. Actually down hill sking might start in another month.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mines put away, I feel your pain!! Im ready to get the snowboard out. But, not till hunting season is over =-]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts