M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The adjuster came over today to see the bike's damage.It fell of of the stand and did a number on the tank,clutch lever,front and rear blinkers.After I priced the tank,it was a call to insurance,since Suzuki owns up to nothing.I filed a compliant,and when they have enough,it will be a recall for Suzuki.I know others have fell for no reason,and you have told me this.I urge you to call the Number in the back of the owners manual To NHTSA 1-800-424-9153 if it happen to you,when they get the magic number,it will be addressed. I have owned 14 motorcycles in my time ,and never had one roll of the stand.My manual don't say leave it in gear either.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mine hasn't fell...(knock on wood)...but I'm certainly careful with parking and making sure its secured.... a G huh ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys,

Here is a price list, be sure to add S/H and Tax to these prices as well.

1. Tank: $768.68 CA model
2. Clutch lever: $71.03
3. Frnt Turn Signal: $59.90
4. Rear Turn Signal: $59.84
5. Chrome Air Cleaner Cover: $118.28
6. Rear Chrom Fender Brace: $457.92

Don't let'em drop fellas - it is EXPENSIVE if you do!

Later,

P.

P.S. I am planning on selling my dented tank once my new one comes in if anyone is interested. It is silver and has a dent on the left side.

·
Registered
398 Posts
why dont you take that tank out and have it fix and while at it have them remove the bottom seam.....you might end up not paying as much and getting a seamless tank....just an idea

G

·
My mirror was srcatched up ,,,the left grip was scratched also.....check yours...I didnt turn mine in...I bought the front turn,air cleaner lid,clutch lever....I ordered aftermarket set of mirrors,did the rear turn ,,flap hanger cut off thingy...set of cheap mini turns and a lighted chrome license plate frame..( was
gonna do it anyway). and bought a pint of paint 108.00 bucks....oh and 1 badge for the tank......just for now anyway(flame job this winter?)....I'm gonna send out the rear strut bar a chromer this winter .gotta be cheaper to repair than 457.00 :eek: Laters...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ever since I read the posts about the bike rolling forward, I feel scared to park the damn thing anywhere. I always take a second look at the bike / stand when I'm getting off now.

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Since IO first read about it I always put it in gera and then roll forward till it stops... Then deploy the stand.

I think I would feel even worse if it just "fell" than I did when I DID'NT put the kickstand down :eek: :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts