M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Did you use a black cutting board, or some other material? I'm really having an issue with my cutting board melting when trying to router the filter recess with my Rotozip with router bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The intake is a copy of Bob109's. I made one with 1/2" but after countersinking the holes there wasn't enough material for the attaching screws to hold so I made another set using 1" PVC plate. I had some laying around so I thought I would try it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looks good Mopar :super: but it seems like a lot of paper exposed, I want to do something similar but Ive bean caught in the rain so many time over the years its not even funny I worry about water vapor & clogging with an intake that unprotected.
Any thoughts?

Walt

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
mopar said:
The intake is a copy of Bob109's. I made one with 1/2" but after countersinking the holes there wasn't enough material for the attaching screws to hold so I made another set using 1" PVC plate. I had some laying around so I thought I would try it.
I've run into the same issue with the 1/2" stuff... too thin. As for the PVC plate material... where do you get that stuff? Was it already black, or did you paint it?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
mopar said:
You did great! I think the 3/8 or 1/2 inch material would be great for the Holley or Eldelbrock Triangular Filters as the chrome plates and thick foam elements that come with those units hide the screws which protrude through the thinner material. Hope the info on construction was helpful :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barakus, the filter element is cotton. It should be O.K. You can get rain covers for them.

Medic, The PVC sheet was grey. I sanded and painted it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
mopar said:
Medic, The PVC sheet was grey. I sanded and painted it.
Cool, thanks. Where can this stuff be purchased? I've never seen sheets or plates of PVC for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Great Job!!!! It looks great.

C-One

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Medic,
The PVC sheet has been sitting around the shop for a long time. I don't remember where it came from. I think it was in with some items I got at a yard sale. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts