M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to members like Square Rounder, Buiscitpimp, Futur R and some others, I recently over the winter break decided to do some of my own mods. Because of the recommendations of members of this forum I sent my parts to Jerry "Liquidpain" Duval to have them chromed.

When I received the parts back everything looked GREAT. But, as I was reassembling the my top tree, I heard a strange noise. I looked on the floor and my heart dropped. A piece of the chrome had popped off and there were some cracks in the finish. WTF....I thought....what did I do wrong? NOTE: no cracks were visible before I started the install.

So, I call Jerry and explained what happened. And instead of brushing me off and not giving a damn or placing blame, he explained to me what he thought the problem might have been. And then he offered to replace the top tree as soon as he had one available so that I could ride until it was ready. He even offered to split the shipping cost. But, I insisted on paying for shipping because of the way he handled the situation.

I just wanted to post this thread because most times people vent when something goes wrong and not when they go right. So, if your getting some chrome work done you can't go wrong with LIQUIDPAIN.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sounds like a great business man, these are the types of people that I like dealing with! :bigthumbsup:

Thanks for letting us know!

·
Registered
567 Posts
:agree: Good businessmen understand that a little effort to support your customers will go a long way. He's done some work for me and any chrome I do in the future will be done by Jerry.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ghostm109 :agree: I had my trees done and a lot more and Jerry did good work and was fast. Thats the way I like it . Nobody wants there bike down very long. Keep up the killer work Jerry.:bigthumbsup:
Dam Guy

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
ghost, i had the exact same problem with my upper tree and jerry went above and beyond to take care of it. imo, the chrome doesnt bend like the metal does so when you tighten the clamps around the tubes the chrome may or may not crack. dont get me wrong, i know almost nothing about the chroming process or how it reacts under stress. i DO know that Jerry is a stand up guy and will do whatever it takes to make things right with his customers. it s nice to know that we have sponsers like Jerry/liquidpain.:bigthumbsup:
those chrome trees look badass dont they!:drool:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks for the info man. I definitely will be doing business with him over the winter break.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Had a lot of chrome done by Jerry and it has all been GREAT and kept me in the loop while it was shipped and while he was working on it too. He is a first class guy and a great person to do bussiness with.:cop::bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts