M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks, to the group I was riding with on Monday, it was
definitely a blast, right up till that last damn curve that
I must have miss judged... maybe a little sharper , a little slower may hav e saved me, but I was riding comfortably....
Any let me start with guys who helped get my bike back up to the road, definitely something I wasn't gonna be able to do myself...... I still haven't seen the damage yet, not sure that I want too either...... but frome my little log I stopped on it may have looked worse than it really is.....

The skinnie..... I have 4 broken ribs, one of which popped a very small hole in my left lung, but since it was so small, there was very little bleeding and did not collapse..... I also cracked my left shoulder bone below the joint making it very painful to move in the wrong direction....... so that is me.... but I maybe down and out for the rest of the summer GRRRRR!

Now, I have got to send a very BIG THANK YOU, to Oink....he was kind enough to get his trailer and haul the beast out of the mountains..... Going out of his way tohelp a Brother in need.... I will never forget what you did for me....
and that does not leave the rest of the group w/o a big thank you too... You guys could have said the heck with it let that small group of EMT guys deal w/ my 300# ass on that hill side, but you didn't, so again, thank you, for all you guys did.... I was oh so looking forward to meeting as many of the people as possible.... so that will have to wait for another time.
Also special Thank You to John, who took care off everything I had left behind while I was getting my ride on the Helicopter out of there....... And Let me not forget Eric, for getting my bike within striking distance, and hopefully I can get that taken care of by midweek....
So if I missed anyone with a special thanks, it isn't because you don't deserve it, it is more likely because, I don't remember who was there .....
Thanks to All of You!

Dan :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Hey Dan... I will help ya out with the names who all went way above and beyond for sure! 47steeler (Ron) who was the only one to get poison oak,, Andydude and his wife (Andy) who burned his wrist pretty good!! Woody109 (Jeff), Grampatractor and daughter (JD and Lora), John (John), Irish4life (Jeff) Lucky06 (Chad) and OOINNKK for gettin in his truck and hauling the bike to the hotel (2 to 3 hrs one way) to throw on my trailer I can bring it up just let me know... I am off tuesday send me a pm or call... I got a few pictures after the bike was up...

lookin down the hill..... any faster and the bike would have been another 40 feet down in the creek...

this was after you left, everyone was cleaning up...

Ron got the short straw to ride up bike up to top of the hill and park your bike at the gas station so OOINNK could pick it up.....AND got to ride Biatch back on JD's C109... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey Dan, sorry I didn't get to meet you! I was at the Dragon with Ooink when you washed out! Saw some pic's of you from some of the guys in the group you were with,(Your a BIG boy) :eek:

I did keep Ooink company on the delivery of your bike to Marysville, that was quite a task in itself :joke: That Ooink has a heart of gold, don't let anybody tell you different! He's one of a kind :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Don

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
hey Dan glad you going to be ok wish i would have made it there to meet you and sorry i was not.........but again glad you are ok and hope for a speedy recovery :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Hey Dan, sorry I didn't get to meet you! I was at the Dragon with Ooink when you washed out! Saw some pic's of you from some of the guys in the group you were with,(Your a BIG boy) :eek:

I did keep Ooink company on the delivery of your bike to Marysville, that was quite a task in itself :joke: That Ooink has a heart of gold, don't let anybody tell you different! He's one of a kind :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Don
:agree:

you too Don, dont sell yourself short bro, your a golden !! :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Heal up quick and hope to see you at next years meet. Someone should have prizes for you from the meet. I had a ticket with your name on it.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Get well soon bro, I saw your bike a couple times and it didn't look too bad. But you have enough dirt on it to plant a decent sized shrub. Hope you get it and yourself fixed up soon!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm so sorry about your accident and that I didn't get to meet you in Staunton this year (looking forward to seeing you there next year). I hope you feel better soon and are back in the saddle before the end of riding season. :bigthumbsup:

When you're with M109 riders, you're always in good hands. It's a great group of guys and I'm thankful they were there to help you.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Get better Dan. We had fun riding with ya until that corner.
We had a good group that day.

Ron looks pretty good on the back of the C.
I don't think he was real comfy.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Well said

The members on this board are truely awesome people...:bigthumbsup:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dan..
Highly:agree:!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you have a speedy recovery and to see you at the meet next year.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts