M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again he saved me A LOT of time and a lot of dents in Blakester's bike. I did learn a valuable lesson.......not going bigger than a 250 rear. That was a pain......it might have been a bit easier if the swingarm pivot bolt wasn't torqued to about 6 kagillion ft lbs........ I ended up taking the secondary drive off in order to get the U-joint back on the shaft. After a lot of wiggling, jiggling, rotating the ring gear on the inside of the secondary with my right hand ring finger while keeping the speed sensor wire, rubber boot in the other hand and my head shoved up inside the frame as far as I could get it trying to see what I was doing......I guess I was holding my tongue just the right way, it popped right back into place.

So I owe a huge THANKS to bigpapa109. I am going to try and make it to the mid atlantic meet again this year, I will be stationed in Japan (I leave at the end of Jan), but I will be home for the daughter's graduation. I might be able to make the meet. If I do, bigpapa109 will have a couple of cold adult beverages coming to him.

Once again the people here and their bikes are awesome!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Dave, there are not enough thank yous that I can say to let you know how much I appreciate all you have done. Not just installing the toys on my beast. But also for storing the bikes while I am gone. Just think late Jan you are going to walk out into your garage and all you are going to see is the silver beast. No more Orange, silver beasts side by side and the "White Shadow"
Crab dinner on me buddy!!!!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Dave, glad it worked out for you. I knew you would figure it out pretty quickly once you dove in. Hopefully you can make the meet so I can at least meet ya :bigthumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts