M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, Kenny Nadeau and Bob White stepped up to the plate! They came down and help put my new pipes on, scorpion tips, and we changed the oil too. Friends like that are a blessing, always giving. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart. The only part of the day that Bob and I did not quite understand is that Kenny kept saying "man your bike is LOW!":D
Thanks again guys.
Winni

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
winnie,
you are welcome I had a great time now lets put some miles on them pipes, by the way they look great.

Don't forget to thank the wife for coming down an loosening that bolt for you :joke: and I only kept saying it's low cause I know how hard you try to stay up to my mods :joke: but seriously your bike is looking good :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anytime, your more than welcome. The bike looks great...all you need now is to get the "Hoodsie" cup airbrushed on your bilke. Kens a little jealous, his bike is so high he can trail riding.^-^

Kenny, all kidding aside, thanks for the ride to pick up my bike!

Peace Guys

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, from what i understand if i only do exhaust, it is not necessary. BTW I am going to Laconia on Tuesday, free hoodsie day:D

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Winni you got to do the power command. Gives it a good kick in the butt.

·
Registered
643 Posts
no, from what i understand if i only do exhaust, it is not necessary. BTW I am going to Laconia on Tuesday, free hoodsie day:D
Winni

your computer on your bike has a stock map now you have installed a freer flowing exhaust your computer will try to compensate for it by dumping more fuel ( letting the fuel injector stay open longer) you will Loose power extra fuel will not burn off completely because the computer thinks your still stock so not as long of a spark in the combustion chamber so were dose the extra fuel go into the crank case and contaminates your oil then what happens in time engine failure! I don't know who told you that you don't need one I've being building motors for my cars since 1990 and I'm telling you get the commander if it was my bike I would get one or have it dyno tuned ASAP! good luck I got some hoodsie for the next time you come over!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
its not much more free flowing, its just shorter........he still has a catalytic converter and a set valve so the back pressure hasn't changed much

·
Registered
643 Posts
ya OK!! is that from your vast experience working on bikes Jarrod??
have you heard of baffles they come after the cat's they create something called "back pressure" you don't know what your talking about Cat's make sure that the exhaust gasses burn cleaner so less emissions there restrict flow but do very little in the way of back pressure the muffler or mufflers create almost all of the back pressure your muffler is basically a big baffler
and I'm not trying to come down hard on you, but you just don't know.
here endeth the lesson! class dismissed!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Class here is an example of what I mean for those who are not following
diesel motors do not have cat's so by Jarrod's way of thinking your cat creates all of your back pressure so where do you get back pressure with out a cat???

Jeopardy music playing
times up!!

Answer what is: you don't because cat's DO NOT create back pressure!!!!!
correct!!!!

Alex I'll take exhaust systems for $1,000 please!!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If you change out your stock pipes you do need the power command.

Take off the EXCV you need the power.

·
Registered
543 Posts
not to start any chit on here, but I have built bikes from the frame up, just an FYI, maybe your right on your back pressure issue, I don't really know the true answer, but just wanted to clear that up.....I bought my first bike at 16 yrs old and it was completely wrecked, rebuilt it myself and painted it I have the pictures to prove it. Some of the most knowledgeable guys on this forum who have worked on and built several bikes have said the same thing, here is one of the threads you can read them yourself and tell them they don't know what they are talking about....

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126079

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
LMFAO

·
Registered
643 Posts
Jarrod I really don't care, these a ton of self proclaimed experts on forums like these, the difference is that I know what I'm talking about
2ND I don't know any of those guys from a hole in the wall and neither do you and because someone on the forum that posts something that means its the Gospel according to them???? wake up! and because you replaced parts on a wrecked bike doesn't make you a expert on bikes and for the record I'm not a expert either but I do have a lot of knowledge about computer controlled vehicles

·
Registered
643 Posts
not to start any chit on here, but I have built bikes from the frame up, just an FYI, maybe your right on your back pressure issue, I don't really know the true answer, but just wanted to clear that up.....I bought my first bike at 16 yrs old and it was completely wrecked, rebuilt it myself and painted it I have the pictures to prove it. Some of the most knowledgeable guys on this forum who have worked on and built several bikes have said the same thing, here is one of the threads you can read them yourself and tell them they don't know what they are talking about....

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126079
Knolageble Say's who???? and if you didn't want to start chit then why would you say something on a subject you admitted you really don't know
what the answer was but you didn't even think twice before you interjected your uninformed opinion???

·
Registered
447 Posts
If Your gonna say its OK for some one elses bike and do the work You should be doing the same to Your own Bike and runnin it and Im not even gonna get into trying to explain runnin a gutted exhaust with no fuel management to anyone Who thinks its OK

·
Registered
543 Posts
Some people just have all the answers!

Knolageble Say's who???? and if you didn't want to start chit then why would you say something on a subject you admitted you really don't know
what the answer was but you didn't even think twice before you interjected your uninformed opinion???
Im sorry, I wasn't aware that this forum was only for knowledgeable riders with vast experience such as yourself, I guess I'll have to delete my account now! It is my opinion, just as you said, everyone is entitled to one, so you shouldn't bash people on a forum for speaking their opinion.

I have run my bike with the same setup Winni is running and had no trouble until I changed my air intakes. Not sure if you have followed this forum long, but some of the most active and knowledgeable people on here such as Bigpapa 109, Hink, Rynosback, and many many others have all agreed that changing just one will not negatively affect your bike. But hey you have spoken so they may all be wrong!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I think his bike is telling him he needs a power command or dyno....duhhhhhhh.

Thats better then anybody flapping their lips.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I Don't care what hink, big papa or anyone says and yes your entitled to you opinion even if its wrong. I don't suppose you have ever heard something called detonation and what it causes you seem to overly sensitive to criticism why don't forget your the one who jumped on the thread and said I was wrong not the other way around I'll buy you a hoodsie if it will make you feel better and I'm not saying that there wrong on every subject and again let me reiterate what I said in the last post I don't claim to be a expert but on this subject I have a lot more knowledge than you.

·
Registered
543 Posts
not overly sensitive to criticism at all........I work in a prison bro....Your criticism can't compare, just overly sensitive to people who come on a forum and bash people and try to make them an example. Your a grown man, when will you start acting like one?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts