M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I saw a 2007 red M109R, I new I had to have one. Found one in Nashville, Tenn 1400 miles. Called my Buddy and off we went. The bike is sexy like a woman and strong as a bull. Became a little discouraged with the transmission. Shifted a little hard. That, I could deal with. But the grind. What in the ????. People would turn and look at me as if I was destroying the bike. No matter what I did, the bike transmission would grind from 1st to 2nd. I had to find out what was wrong, so I paid 28 dollars to an online mechanic for help in diagnosing my problem. After 45 minuites of trying to convince him that I knew how to ride a motorcycle and use a manual transmission, his answer to me was: "Stop riding the bike immediately. Your shift drum is damaged and your transmission needs to be overhauled." I thought I would cry. And then I found you guys. It was amazing, all of the vibations, klunks, grinding and knocking that had me convinced that my bike was falling apart - m109riders had the answer. Not only did other 109ers understand, they were able to help me fix my problem. Me -I was the problem. I used the handy tips and advice from 109 members and Snap! It is so much better. The grinding. It's getting better. The Klunk. That's just my Bull stomping the ground. I promise to never type this much again. Sorry.:yourock:

·
Registered
295 Posts
LOL I think everyone has been there my friend! This bike likes to ride hard! Gotta Love it!:congrats:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum.

Feel free to pay my Pal Pal $25, a discounted rate for future questions. :bigthumbsup: :joke:

Enjoy her and ride safe. :doorag:

Let the mods begin. :evil:

Also check out the two links in my signature. Hope to see you at the big meet in June.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Keep in mind that these are retainers, not the final charge. :p :joke:

What is up with the public undercutting? :dontknow: ;)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
When I saw a 2007 red M109R, I new I had to have one. Found one in Nashville, Tenn 1400 miles. Called my Buddy and off we went. The bike is sexy like a woman and strong as a bull. Became a little discouraged with the transmission. Shifted a little hard. That, I could deal with. But the grind. What in the ????. People would turn and look at me as if I was destroying the bike. No matter what I did, the bike transmission would grind from 1st to 2nd. I had to find out what was wrong, so I paid 28 dollars to an online mechanic for help in diagnosing my problem. After 45 minuites of trying to convince him that I knew how to ride a motorcycle and use a manual transmission, his answer to me was: "Stop riding the bike immediately. Your shift drum is damaged and your transmission needs to be overhauled." I thought I would cry. And then I found you guys. It was amazing, all of the vibations, klunks, grinding and knocking that had me convinced that my bike was falling apart - m109riders had the answer. Not only did other 109ers understand, they were able to help me fix my problem. Me -I was the problem. I used the handy tips and advice from 109 members and Snap! It is so much better. The grinding. It's getting better. The Klunk. That's just my Bull stomping the ground. I promise to never type this much again. Sorry.:yourock:
Welcome, check out the NC board, great group of guys!!!!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats: bro!

The shifting will get better as you get more used to shifting it. It either likes to be short shifted or shifted at higher rpms. Adding a shift star helps, and shifting firmly and positively. And time, the more miles it gets the better it shifts.

Glad you got the fastest and best looking color too! :D

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I agree with Zoom, also try pre-loading the shifter with your toe before up shifts and try full synthetic oil. It can snick into gear like a sport bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts