M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm from Edmonton Alberta, Canada. For those of you that don't know, we are the nothernmost major city in North America. We had the dubious distinction of being the coldest place on earth two days in a row in january (including the two poles). It is generally so unpleasant in the winter that even NHL players don't want to come here. Our riding season can be as short as 4 months. Well, thank the motorcycle Gods, I took my first ride of the season last saturday in 11 degree weather (thats Celsius, making it 32 Farenheit). I parked my bike on december 12th, which means my winter season was only 3 months and 1 week, and it looks like it will stay nice for at least the next two weeks! Awesome! In fact, I think I might go for a ride right now...

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Greetings fellow Canadian!

I had the pleasure of getting my bike out for the first time about 2 weeks ago. It was averaging 15-18c every day for 2 weeks! (Rain on the weekend of course) But man I TOTALLY needed to get on the beast after waiting 5 months! :eek: this week we are getting temperatures as low as 0 during the day and -10c at night :\

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
maybe you need to be on a snowmobile forum.............lol........4 months huh...could not handle that but in western PA. that is about all we have in boating season if we have 1 at all

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha ha, my bad, stupid online temperature converter! 11C=52F. After a few months dipping down to -40 (and minus 64 and 68 on the record setting days) this is tshirt and shorts weather. Thank god, I was running out of mod money anyways...

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I didn't know these bikes would even run @ 32*F!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
wow, i got chills reading about how cold it is up by you. but :congrats: on getting to ride. i should be getting done with some mods in about another week and hopefully be riding on easter weekend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, it's amazing what a difference a 2.5 hour drive down the road makes. I'm in Calgary and have put 900kms on my bike since I took her out for the first time in the middle of February. It's obviously been nicer down here. Totally jealous of all the guys in the warm states even further south.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You said it, Sundawg. You're just a few hours south and you get the nicer weather, the chinooks, the mountains, wayyyyyy better roads, better hockey team, better football team... God I want to move back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts