M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Gents.
I am looking for some advice again I am buying a new m109r and have bought some D&M custom cycle air filters and a hard chrome sideburner exhaust and would like to fit a CUSTOM DYNAMICS TFI fuel injection module and a O2 BYPASS SENSOR do you think that this is a good combination or should I look at a power commander or something similar.And is there anybody useing a TFI and getting good results.
Thanks for your help.
Mark.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
I know you're from South Africa, but since the Australians have the O2 sensors you might try asking on their board. They do a lot of neat mods and I'm sure someone can help with your question.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I have the TFI on mine and it performs perfectly.
It has one extra adjustment the F1200R does not.
There is a forth adjustment screw that allows you to set
where the top end mixture (third screw) fully takes over
from the low end. I currently have it set at 4000 the recommended setting. May need to set it lower though, as it is really hard to attain 4000 in fifth gear every day, that is going pretty dang fast. May lower it tto 3500 and see what happens.

Now my bike has no O2 sensors, so do not know what affect that will have on yours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the TFI on mine and it performs perfectly.
It has one extra adjustment the F1200R does not.
There is a forth adjustment screw that allows you to set
where the top end mixture (third screw) fully takes over
from the low end. I currently have it set at 4000 the recommended setting. May need to set it lower though, as it is really hard to attain 4000 in fifth gear every day, that is going pretty dang fast. May lower it tto 3500 and see what happens.

Now my bike has no O2 sensors, so do not know what affect that will have on yours.
Thank you for info it really helps the o2 sensor is the least of my worries the main thing that I wanted to know is how the TFI performs and you sound very happy with it .Thanks Again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you're from South Africa, but since the Australians have the O2 sensors you might try asking on their board. They do a lot of neat mods and I'm sure someone can help with your question.
Thank you for the info I will try the Aussie site but I am not to worried about the O2 sensor the main thing is how the TFI performs as I hear it is easier to set up than a power commander and the likes.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts