M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am being re-stationed at Fort Hood and am trying to ensure the bike is in compliance. What is the Tag placement law currently in effect in Texas? Any other equipment restrictions out there?

I know it changes regularly and thought it would be good to start an up to date thread for this forum.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
337 Posts
easy!

You can have a side mount tag and it can be vertical. I also understand that they have now passed the law that allows us to have our led lights on when we ride, just can't be flashing blue and red to look like police. Of course I do not know what the post regulations are, but Texas is pretty lax. No helmet required either if you have proof of completing a motorcycle riders course or have proof of $10K medical insurance or something like that. But it makes no sense to me to ride without at least a skull cap. Anyway, welcome to warmer weather!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Jumprope83 is correct you can have vertical side plate, run you're Led light kits, plus no longer have to have a inspection sticker your tags and inspection is all in one sticker.Dont have to wear Helmet but crazy if you don't plus on military base you have to wear a helmet anyway plus take bike safety course. Weathers been great for riding just now starting to get a little warm.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
and make sure you dont have white leds shining rearward.......Cost me $340..Even though my license plate light, shining rearward is white haaaaaaaa. He had no answer for that when I asked him. State troopers in TX are rouge, BEWARE,,,,,,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and make sure you dont have white leds shining rearward.......Cost me $340..Even though my license plate light, shining rearward is white haaaaaaaa. He had no answer for that when I asked him. State troopers in TX are rouge, BEWARE,,,,,,
Good info on the light for license plate to ensure it is not going back. so many differences in laws from every state and I have been in many of them over the last twenty years. will have to work the light so it is clearly directed down. though you still never know as it depneds on the officer and their mood at the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can have a side mount tag and it can be vertical. I also understand that they have now passed the law that allows us to have our led lights on when we ride, just can't be flashing blue and red to look like police. Of course I do not know what the post regulations are, but Texas is pretty lax. No helmet required either if you have proof of completing a motorcycle riders course or have proof of $10K medical insurance or something like that. But it makes no sense to me to ride without at least a skull cap. Anyway, welcome to warmer weather!
That is what I needed to no as I want to chop the tail off and put on a vertical plate. Being Army I have to wear a helmet, gloves, long sleeves, visible colors, and over ankle boots during every ride. Much different from when I was a young and dumb in Illinois in the 80s. Remember how shifting hurt while wearing flip-flops and the sunburn from no shirt or helmet.

Any recommendations on a specific vertical plate? I've been looking at both swamp works and custom dynamics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.