·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike sounds good. What pipes do you have on her? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cobra dragsters for now, I like what I see with what JR has done with the stock head pipe and if I can't get him to build one I may try to find a local that can turn my stock pipes into JR's creation.

Cheers,
Chop

·
Registered
289 Posts
chopkins45 said:
Cobra dragsters for now, I like what I see with what JR has done with the stock head pipe and if I can't get him to build one I may try to find a local that can turn my stock pipes into JR's creation.

Cheers,
Chop
What are all your mods? Man, that was impressive!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
AAWWWWWESSSOOOOMMMMME! :super: :super: :super: :super:

Any idea what rpm you launched at when you popped that wheelie????

·
Registered
71 Posts
That launch was a little more aggressive than normal as there was a Busa next to me I wanted to holeshot, so it was probably around 5-5500, normally I set it at about 4-4500.

did another one tonight but this one I rode out, she set back down pretty quick but not as hard as the first one. Sorry no tape this time

Cheers,
Chop

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey JR, she is now a 11.9 bike pretty consistent, with a few 11.8's thrown in.......................this is getting fun. It would be such a blast to take the Street ET at Indy with an 11.9 crusier...........OH the looks on peoples faces..........a MasterCard moment

·
Registered
898 Posts
11.8 thats great Chop! keep it up :bigthumbsup: what have you done in the last couple weeks to get from the 12.1's to the 11.8's ? Is it just getting more runs under your belt or have you been dialing stuff in?

great vid thanks for sharing :doorag:

khrome

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Good improvement, keep up the good work. By the way, what are your FI2000 settings now?  :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice. No 1/4 mile track here to compare my slow times with on my slower bike....do you have 1/8 mile et times from a printout to share? :)

Also, for you racing folks that do this alot, what's the trick to the launch? Do you run revs up and when you are going to launch pop the clutch full out and then keep throttle going until shifts start?

I got a meager 9.06 as my best 1/8 time last week..and I'd really, really like to get into an 8s something before I start messing with the bike more. I think I can gain a lot on just my launch....but am too chicken to pop the clutch cause this little thing likes to wheelie. :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
chopkins45 said:
and here is one of those bikes in action getting ready for the next shootout Aug 26-27.... :DÂ Â :a20:

Cheers,
Chop
Good Job!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
wildwolf said:
Also, for you racing folks that do this alot, what's the trick to the launch? Do you run revs up and when you are going to launch pop the clutch full out and then keep throttle going until shifts start?
Anybody?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does anybody know how fast a pure stock 109 will go in the quarter? With the power to weight ratio and an experienced driver, I'd think a stock bike could hit the 11's, yes? no?

Thanks!

EFE M109

·
Registered
71 Posts
EFE M109 said:
Does anybody know how fast a pure stock 109 will go in the quarter? With the power to weight ratio and an experienced driver, I'd think a stock bike could hit the 11's, yes? no?

Thanks!

EFE M109
So far the best stock has been a high 12.3, on paper yes it would seem to be able but in real life it has not been done that I am aware of yet, and I have probably close to 100 passes on mine so far. It hit the 11's only after a few bolt on parts were installed, pipes, FI 2000, TRE and airfilters.

As far as how to leave, I do it about 4-4500 and slide the clutch just a few feet then it gets dumped, if you pop it straight out and there is traction you WILL stand it up (see video previously posted) :eek:

Cheers,
Chop

1 - 20 of 27 Posts