M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Jerbear,
Where did you get the clear signals? Did you change anything else to go with them like bulb color or have back signals run with taillight? Etc, etc? Bike looks nice.

G

·
jerbear, I know you probably mentioned it, but is your windshield the $85 spitfire (or something like that) from MAW?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the clear lens from Custom Dynamics. I'm running 51 red LED clusters in the rear signals and 24 yellow LEDs in the front. They present clear until the bike is turned on.
I've converted the rears to run, turn, and brake units along with plate bracket LEDs.

Bullie said:
Jerbear,
Where did you get the clear signals? Did you change anything else to go with them like bulb color or have back signals run with taillight? Etc, etc? Bike looks nice.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically,  remove  the old junk off the black plastic in the rear where the original mount, light, and red reflector was, and then cut the plastic down with a grinder, then clean up the edges and smooth it up.  Then  relocate the plate .  The angle was achieved by using an old bracket off a factory plate mount from a VTX Retro that we had laying around from when we converted to a laydown plate on the VTX.  Started to bend an old piece of stainless to achieve the angle before finding the old bracket in the junk drawer.
If you don't want the angle, just drill a couple of holes and put the plate or plate bracket on after you shorten up the old bracket area.  Wanted to move the plate up to open up the rear tire area visually. It really cleaned the area up nicely. One advantage is you don't have to spend a dime and you can maintain your original signal mounts.
Jer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts