M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

This past Saturday I took some time out to test rode a couple of Victory Motorcycles. This was something that the dealership put on. This was my first time taking part in this event. Was a good time. I first test rode the Arlen Ness Victory Jackpot (I think)...nice bike...BUT it in no way can compare with the 9 except maybe on some of the styling cues. The rear end look like a 9 it too as most of you know has a 250 back tire.

The ride was not bad and I must say the engine and power delivery was very smooth...too smooth for my taste. I then rode a Cross Country or something like that...might be a nice bike to have when I am about 60...NOT!!!

I will say that Victory has nice bikes...but not for everyone, their engines are smooth and very quiet even the Arlen Ness was quiet and it had a set of swept pipes on it. Test riding these bikes just confirmed what I already knew the 9 is pound for pound one of the best if not the best cruiser for the money! If you love your 9 like I do...test ride something else (HD or Victory) and you will fall in love with your 9 all over again...especially as you blast out of the parking lot! :doorag:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Test riding a sportster 1200 made me appreciate my 71 yamaha 650

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
The local dealer has an open house the middle of next month and I want to try a couple of them out, just out of curiosity. A good friend of mine has one and he loves it, but he doesn't ride aggressively and never goes over the posted speed limit.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i have been checking them out. they do have some good aftermarket performance parts. some guy named lloyd seems to be able reliably provide performance hopup kits without all the drama we have had.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How'd the Jackpot handle?
The Jackpot handled well..the engine was very smooth and as I stated maybe too smooth for me. It does give you a sense of confidence that the bike would not bite you. Unlike that 9 one has to be mindful of your throttle.

·
Registered
159 Posts
if the bike you rode had a 250 back tire, it was the Hammer, not the Jackpot. The Hammer and Hammer S was Victory's answer to the 9.....I think their answer is a missing a bit, not to mention it starts at 19,500.....

·
Registered
744 Posts
if the bike you rode had a 250 back tire, it was the Hammer, not the Jackpot. The Hammer and Hammer S was Victory's answer to the 9.....I think their answer is a missing a bit, not to mention it starts at 19,500.....
Wow! I just read a Motor Cyclist magazine comparison review of the Hammer S vs. M109 LE. Could Victory have been any more obvious as to what bike they were trying to compete against? At least they inverted the tail light. I agree that they missed the mark. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The truth is that the Hammer and the 9 may look similar but that is about it. I rode the Hammer and I have to say that the bike is smooth as I stated before. The power output I was not really impressed with at all. They are very nice to look at but then it gets down to what many of us have said before it is really about your own taste.

It was a nice time and I hope that the next demo event is with HD...that I can't wait to do. I have ridden only one Harley ever and I was not impressed at all. Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The truth is that the Hammer and the 9 may look similar but that is about it. I rode the Hammer and I have to say that the bike is smooth as I stated before. The power output I was not really impressed with at all. They are very nice to look at but then it gets down to what many of us have said before it is really about your own taste.

It was a nice time and I hope that the next demo event is with HD...that I can't wait to do. I have ridden only one Harley ever and I was not impressed at all. Stay Tuned.
You wont be impressed unless its a vrod

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did the same last summer. ROde the Jackpot and Hammer. Very nice bikes...the seating position was not my favorite but again...they are impressive...right up until they tell you the price !! haha.

Over all, I am happier with my 9 than any other I have ridden or owned. I had 2 warriors and LOVED them...thought I wanted a Raider...but the way it felt just bugged the hell out of me, felt like I was falling off the back of the bike the whole time. Just was not as impressed with it as I thought I would be. Also what was very surprising was the lack of power with the big motor in the Raider.

The 9 is just in a different category. The only other power cruiser I have never tried out is a V-Rod, the only HD I would consider...but lets be honest its not really a HD after all. ;)

Funny thing,...I had never even ridden a 9 before my purchase...and still it is just right.

·
Banned
408 Posts
SCREW VICTORY! Yea, they advertise a $14,000 price but what you get is just a basic model, for $18,000 you get the better model. I got my Thunderbird 1700 for $15,000 out the door. Forgot to mention, the passenger seat on a victory is horrible.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts