M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's 50° F, the sun is just below the horizon, you're doing 70 MPH into a 20 MPH headwind and you've got 30 more miles to get home.

What's the wind chill?:eek:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,143 Posts
Colder than if the sun were above the horizon, I know that. I can ride to work in the mornings in the 40's and not get cold as long as the sun is up, but freeze on the way home when it's in the low 50's and the sun is down. With the same gear on.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
It sure felt more like the old temp, 29. Brrrrrrrr.
LOL agreed, I went to Tacoma last month to meet some 9ers and it was 35 when I left, 70 mph on freeway to get there = 14 degrees, That explains the ice forming on my knuckles when i hit the fog .

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Electic gloves

LOL agreed, I went to Tacoma last month to meet some 9ers and it was 35 when I left, 70 mph on freeway to get there = 14 degrees, That explains the ice forming on my knuckles when i hit the fog .
I have Gerbing electric gloves that are totally awesome. If I can keep my hands warm I can ride in pretty low temps without too much issue.

I bought the hookup for them to put on the 109 the other day but didn't think I needed them for the short trip I was taking.

Needless to say I will get the hookup installed post haste cause it ain't gettin any warmer.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I have Gerbing electric gloves that are totally awesome. If I can keep my hands warm I can ride in pretty low temps without too much issue.

I bought the hookup for them to put on the 109 the other day but didn't think I needed them for the short trip I was taking.

Needless to say I will get the hookup installed post haste cause it ain't gettin any warmer.
I have my 12 volt gloves now, That last big COLD ride made up my mind LOL

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I think it was at least 30 to 35 degrees cold while riding at 70 mph into a 20 mph wind, with the temperature already having been 50 degrees. I bet you couldn't wait to get home and park that sucker. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts