M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't have one of these fine looking machines yet but I may have one this week. So I would like you guys that own the 109 to tell me a little bit about it. Does it rattle? How does it sound stock? What are it's ups? What are it's downs? I want to know more about before I trade my VTX 1300C in on it. Thanks in advance for the helpful commits.

Radar

G

·
Sound is throaty and agressive. Not loud, but not wimpy either. Bike does not have too much vibration IMO. Runs smooth even at speed. I have not experienced any real down side issues. Bike was overfilled at the dealership, but that was not really a Suzuki issue, it was a dealer issue. I love this bike, runs great, handles great. tons of power. Still gives me a big smile everytime I twist the throttle. I think you will notice a huge difference between the VTX and the 109.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
there is some top end noise associated with pistons this size in motion but not any rattles. the transmission and motor loosen up after break in so all is smooth after a few thou. the rubber mounted parts will shudder if you throttle it up in too low of a gear, it will still go but it lets you know you could have down shifted a gear or two. really the only down side I have had with mine is at the end of a long ride, say 300-400 miles, my tailbone hurt. so long distance running will need a corbin seat or something. my gas mileage is alway 40 or better and thats mixed riding from throttling it up to stuck in traffic. I am over 3k miles now and I still have no problems and a big grin every time I ride. Everyone I know says it sounds better than most bikes stock, not loud but deep/throaty. you can mod the stock pipes and they sound good/better unlike some bikes (my 03' Honda Sabre 1100 sounded like stink if you modded the pipes). IMO 2-2 pipes on this bike don't sound very good, probably due to the dual crankpin design. 2-1's are not out yet but some members have modded the stock pipe where it comes together from the heads it is already 2-1 and just put on a single high flow muffler and get rid of the 2 stockers. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just got my 109 about a month ago, the sound is really very nice, more akin to Boulevard-Bruiser than a Harley's too loud kinda sound. I have almost 1200 minles on her now and really she is coming into her own, I haved embraced the (at first) awkward forward pegs riding position and the engine is phenomenal.

My tranny still kinda clunks from 1st to 2nd, but I just pass it off to ALL the torque from this huge engine on tap. I know how Ferrari owners feel now as I get nothing but :eek: everytime I go out for a spin. Plus whenever I gas up, she always draws comments. EVERY TIME. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I only have about 106 miles and two words for you: GET ONE. I previously owned two Intruders, a 700 and a 1400. This machine is sure to satisfy. I went and looked at V-Rods before I had ever seen this bike. I'm glad I kept looking. I was not used to fuel injection and the throttle is very sensitive(especially during low speed turns)but as I understand that will loosen up some with miles.  :D :D how can you go wrong? :dontknow:

·
Registered
256 Posts
welcome ...(i used to own a vtx1300c and was a vtxoa member.)

the 109 is not a signle pin crank motor like the vtx1300, but the sound to me is a "deep thumpy" sound...(up close, mine will set off car alarms with stock mufflers)  :D

this bikes handles as easily as the 1300.. IMO, even though it is approx 150 lbs heavier. 

there is no comparison to power, the 1300 aint bad, but this hoss is.. :eek:
(the throttle is very touchy, especially at low speeds, but easy to get used to.)

warning !! ..dont gouge on it going slow until ya git used to it, trust me !! :yikes:

like any new model bike there may be a glitch or two, mine have been minor, mostly a couple loose bolts on the front fender ....

i've been very happy with my 109 and would never consider going back to what i had before..... :hot:

tc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts