M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the morning with Blais Cycle in Miami.  Got all of my mods planned for them to do as soon as I get the bike home in about 2 weeks.  He is promising me about 3 week turnaround once I get him all of the pieces.

Can't wait for the dyno run after its all back together.  Anything less than 140 and I will be disappointted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Got my bike scheduled for mods

Are you going to have the heads done at the same time? I hope you recieve more than 140+ rwhp.

Good luck,

Reed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Got my bike scheduled for mods

oldfart said:
Are you going to have the heads done at the same time? I hope you recieve more than 140+ rwhp.

Good luck,

Reed
Everybody's concern is that this bike is pretty far out there and may not have a lot of HP to give up easily (or cheaply). I have opted for the easy and cheap version first without any internal engine mods.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
hal's such a tease

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mod #1 +8HP
Mod #2 +10HP
Mod #3 +3HP
Mod #4 +8HP
Mod #5 +5HP
Mod #6 +5HP
Mod #7 +5HP

Total 44 HP

Existing HP is 118HP plus 44 HP equals 162HP

So my 140 should be no problem.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Did anyone ever find out what JR's secret HP idea was/is ???
Maybe it turned out to be unsafe??

GOOD LUCK HAL !!!!!
Cheap and easy is for me :bigthumbsup:
Cause I myself am cheap and easy LOL !!! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to say forced induction, but with all those mods detailed there am at a loss...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M109R Fan said:
I was going to say forced induction, but with all those mods detailed there am at a loss...
And no nitrous for this boy. I like my HP to be natural.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hal, you've got me drooling on my keyboard....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Whats the total cost of all these mods added up?

·
Registered
721 Posts
J R said:
Good luck to both you guys :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Nothin like a good old fasion HP war for the benifit of all to learn from :bigthumbsup: Im sure both you guys will have fun and make some good h.p theres a lot of free h.p already there and theres even more with a little work :bigthumbsup: I look forward to seeing both bikes at Octoberfest on the same dyno same day same time and at the track with each riding there own bike :bigthumbsup: Good luck to both there will be no losers in a contest like this just winners :bigthumbsup:
No details yet on your secret HP maker JR ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My budget is $3.99. I think that is what the wire is going to cost. But then I may have to buy Trent some Ice Tea to weld er up.

It may end-up costing me a lot more if the top pops off though.

TAZ

·
Registered
721 Posts
raw_taz said:
My budget is $3.99. I think that is what the wire is going to cost. But then I may have to buy Trent some Ice Tea to weld er up.

It may end-up costing me a lot more if the top pops off though.

TAZ
LOL !!!!
Don't blow yer top off TAZ !!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hal,

Please at least tell us what the 10Hp mod is. Don't be such a tease. I hope you are right, but 40Hp is a 31%
increase over the numbers Suzuki has claimed. That would certainly be incredible, noticeable and realatively inexpensive for this kind of increase. I will keep my fingers crossed and if truly, (you would tell the truth wouldn't you Hal ;)), successful would be a great winter project for those of us snowbound for much of the winter. Is there any concern about the differential, clutch, etc., handling this kind of additional Hp?

Please, stop teasing us!

Cheers,
Kingpong :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Mod #1Â +8HP
Mod #2Â +10HP
Mod #3Â +3HP
Mod #4Â +8HP
Mod #5Â +5HP
Mod #6Â +5HP
Mod #7 +5HP

Total 44 HP

Existing HP is 118HPÂ plus 44 HP equals 162HP

So my 140 should be no problem.
You are such a tease. Just go ahead a tell everyone you are going to put "LEAF BLOWERS" on your intakes. . :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts