M109 Riders banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my engine seems to tap under load or hard revving, it's fine on tickover but under load and revving there's a tapping noise, the bike is 7 years old with 7300 on clock any help would be great

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey all my engine seems to tap under load or hard revving, it's fine on tickover but under load and revving there's a tapping noise, the bike is 7 years old with 7300 on clock any help would be great
You have probably already done this but if not ckeck the condiction and level of your oil.

·
Registered
43 Posts
These bikes are notorious for engine noise. Nothing to worry about if your oil levels are good. Valves hardly ever come loose and I haven't heard of many that need adjusting. Get a louder exhaust and you won't hear it anymore. Lol

·
Radio Active Member
22,535 Posts
What octane fuel are you running? It requires at least 90 octane, but most run the highest they can get, either 92 or 93 octane. Running too low octane will cause spark knock or pre-ignition under load. That 90 octane is for USA, for Europe and most other locations it would be 95 octane or better.

This sometimes starts to happen as the engine gets older and develops more carbon buildup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts