M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank stickers
What is the best way to get those tank stickers off? I have heard of using a hair blower, fishing line and some gunk remover…. Just looking for the easiest and best way to get those things off.
Thanks Guys,
Hazzard

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had my dealer take them off. no charge service guy is a buddy. they come off like the emissions sticker on cars though...piece by piece. have patience, use heat, and dont get irritated quickly. the irritated part is why i didnt even try. no patience

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Sand-blaster, blow-torch and sledg hammer work well

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hell, this was the first thing I did when my bike was new. I left her out in the sun to get a tan. 5 hours later those suckers came off no problem. Little WD-40 to take the gunk off and good to go. No scraping or fishing line needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tank stickers
What is the best way to get those tank stickers off? I have heard of using a hair blower, fishing line and some gunk remover…. Just looking for the easiest and best way to get those things off.
Thanks Guys,
Hazzard
dont use gunk remover use WD40 it doesnt leave the residue behind that the gunk remover will. used it on my bike and had no problems. just make sure you put on a good coat of wax when finished. and one other thing make sure your tank is almost empty otherwise your hair dryer wont be enough to heat the tank and all the fuel in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts