M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I fought those stupid tank stickers on my bike for a while. I bought the goo gone, used a hair dryer and still had to pick at it for over an hour.

I just got back from a ride and I left Hal's bike out in the sun while I was gone and decided to give it a try when I got back just to see. It took about 1 minute and I had both stickers off. :bigthumbsup: The hot sun did the trick. :D Just thought I would pass this on. :doorag:

·
Registered
53 Posts
why do they bother putting these on anyways?they know everyone is going to peel them off right away.Maybe the figure by them picking at it for an hour or so,they will have plenty of time to read it.I know my hayabusa had like three or four of these.They even had a couple on the swingarm.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
This was you can't say you did not know about somethings, so they place it on the bike. Guess that is better for them legally.

G

·
Lamonster said:
As some of you know I fought those stupid tank stickers on my bike for a while. I bought the goo gone, used a hair dryer and still had to pick at it for over an hour.

I just got back from a ride and I left Hal's bike out in the sun while I was gone and decided to give it a try when I got back just to see. It took about 1 minute and I had both stickers off. :bigthumbsup: The hot sun did the trick. :D Just thought I would pass this on. :doorag:
Yup, it sure did! :D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Wished I knew about this before the blow dryer, paint thinner, 45 min. and *$#@? blister on my finger....
Thanks Lamonster.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have a Wagner heat gun...with 3 settings...put it on the second setting...held over stickers (six inches) for about 11/2 mins....came off like it was hot butter.
I have had 3 buddies come over and get the gun... :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
you taunt me, you're an evil evil man lamont.

those damned stickers/badges kept me pissed off for a couple of days.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe I said this on another post. You can easily take off the badges with a blow dryer and some fish line. I haven't taken them off my 109 yet but every other bike I've owned it's taken less then 30 min.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lamonster said:

LOL! When I drove mine home from the dealer in the blazing hot FL sun my stickers peeled off with almost no effort. I felt bad for you guys. LOL

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should this be moved to the "How To" board? I know I wish I would have done that way on my bike. ::)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lamonster is right, I read this post last night. Couple of hours in the hot sun today and the stickers were off with no fuss.

Glad I was laz...er Patient and waited for this tip.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ryan77 said:
Lamonster is right, I read this post last night. Couple of hours in the hot sun today and the stickers were off with no fuss.

Glad I was laz...er Patient and waited for this tip.

Thanks again.
Yeah, took me less than 30 seconds. One scrape with the finger nail on each one and they pulled right off with zero effort. I thougth all you guys were taking crazy pills when I read how long it was taking. :joke:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The tank stickers came right off at the dealers when i bought the bike. No problem. Had the dealer remove the remaining glue with Honda polish. When i got the bike home i peeled off the M109R stickers with no problem, placed one over the Suzuki name on the back fender (perfect fit) and placed the other on the back of my black helmet to match my black bike. Has anyone tried to remove the Boulevard stickers yet?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yeah i left my bike in the sun and sprayed wd40 on em. went back out there 20mins. later and they pacticly fell off.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
For those of you in the COLD weather like I am, here is how I took mine off. I first peeled off the transparent part of the stickers, had no choice....it came off easy. The I got out the blow dryer and blew the h*ll out of the sticker. Started with the OCTANE one first. Peeled it off with my fingernail....all fingers! Then I started with the BIG lawyer one. It took a while but it fianlly came off. All that was left was the sticky stuff. I was going to use WD-40, but when I dug around for my new wax kit I found it had some Tar and Bug remover from Johnson Wax. That stuff is like paste, and when sprayed on it stuck to the bike and I allowed it to soak through the adhesive crap. Waited about 2 minutes then I wiped off the paste. There was a little adhesive left so I repeated the process. This time I rubbed in the paste with my finger, feeling through the paste to the adhesive. Once it felt clear I wiped off the paste. Then I waxed the finish with some NanoWax. Can't even tell either stickers were there and it didn't bother the clear coat.

Took about 1.5 hours and patience. The stickers came off in very small pieces. The bike looks a lot better without the stickers. I thought about the M109 badge and the Boulevard one, but the wife NIXED that idea. I tend to agree with her. The M109 is not that noticeable and the tank one is chrome......can't have enough chrome.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
What the heck did those stickers say anyway? Must have been really important to be deserving of superglue. :joke: Anyone wanna post a photo?

·
Registered
334 Posts
GooGone and light fishline slips 'em off in a few minutes. No heat required. Color photo and entire written procedure on both VHS Dolby & CD shall follow immediately upon return from the patent office.

·
Registered
334 Posts
And I guess you didn't win any spelling bees in NASA either ... LOL

·
Registered
323 Posts
3 step sticker removal.

I followed some of the advise on this site and got those stickes off with very little fuss at all. It's as easy as 1-2-3.

Step 1. Living in Tropical North, Western Australia, just park the 109 in the morning sun for about half an hour. Or heat the stickers some other way.

Step 2. Peel the hot stickers off by picking a corner up with a finger nail and peeling it back. This leaves the adhesive goo behind.

Step 3. Remove goo by rubbing with CRC or WD40 on a rag. 30 seconds and it's gone! Wipe down after with Mcguires detailer or similar and you're done.

Thanks for all the tips guys. Worked a treat!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts