M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or does anyone else think our speedo/tank cover is just the flimsiest piece of s h i t??? It flexes when I change from odo to tripmeter or reset. It could really use some underside bumpers. Looked on the diagrams for tank/speedo/cover, and mine is complete.

Only rubber grommets or bumpers are on the tank for the speedo bracket to slide into. However, there's two dog ears on the top of the tank with holes that are not used, above them are two "legs" on the chrome cover that look like they could fit a rubber piece and slide into the holes. Just gotta find some hard rubber I can shape to fit and wedge in to give some support.

Had more than one person ask why it looks so propped up on the sides, I am assuming that's for rattling/fume evacuation. Leave it to Suz to put electrical parts above fuel tank fumes!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't see the problem you are claiming to have.This is the first post on this problem this part is plastic and will flex but wont break unless you use your elbow LOL.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Is it just me, or does anyone else think our speedo/tank cover is just the flimsiest piece of s h i t??? It flexes when I change from odo to tripmeter or reset. It could really use some underside bumpers. Looked on the diagrams for tank/speedo/cover, and mine is complete.

Only rubber grommets or bumpers are on the tank for the speedo bracket to slide into. However, there's two dog ears on the top of the tank with holes that are not used, above them are two "legs" on the chrome cover that look like they could fit a rubber piece and slide into the holes. Just gotta find some hard rubber I can shape to fit and wedge in to give some support.

Had more than one person ask why it looks so propped up on the sides, I am assuming that's for rattling/fume evacuation. Leave it to Suz to put electrical parts above fuel tank fumes!!
They do slide in... Is yours resting on top of them? If so, then I could see your complaint. But your complaint should be to yourself, for not installing it correctly. I think we need pics...:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
They do slide in... Is yours resting on top of them? If so, then I could see your complaint. But your complaint should be to yourself, for not installing it correctly. I think we need pics...:dontknow:
i dont normally say this, but i have to agree with Hink on this one.:doorag:

i never had any issue like this at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. My part is a warranty replacement, and it must be "sprung" from the mold. Will see if some heat/time relaxes it. Yep, everything else is installed 100% perfecto. Cripes I ain't that dumb! :D

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Nope. My part is a warranty replacement, and it must be "sprung" from the mold. Will see if some heat/time relaxes it. Yep, everything else is installed 100% perfecto. Cripes I ain't that dumb! :D
If you're wanting to fill the space or wondering if there is more space than there should be.... Many guys have used the chrome door truck trim and it then rests on the tank. So I guess you could always doo that and see if it supports it better. But mine doesn't flex so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Like hink said...pics.:bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're wanting to fill the space or wondering if there is more space than there should be.... Many guys have used the chrome door truck trim and it then rests on the tank. So I guess you could always doo that and see if it supports it better. But mine doesn't flex so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Like hink said...pics.:bigthumbsup:
Got the best I could. Someone please PM me on how to post pics.

·
Registered
260 Posts
there are 2 rubber grommets that do slide onto the 2 ears on either side , like MICKEY MOUSE ears .........

1 - 20 of 47 Posts