M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove my tank. I have the socket extension so the tank is raised. I have disconnected the rear brown connector. To disconnect the fuel line, is that done at the tank or at the fuel pump? Any special instuctions?

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
under the tank right near the brown connector, squeeze the blue tabs together and pull on the top of fuel line place a rag under for any fuel that may leak out a little bit will leak out that normal

·
Registered
462 Posts
And have a towel on the table or ground depending on where you are going to set it down. I have taken it off a couple of times and sometimes the ball closing does not shut right and it will stream out until you thump it to get it closed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it- thanks so much! This forum is so helpful for idiots like me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
no problem :bigthumbsup: I like the yellow stripe on the silver

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Got it- thanks so much! This forum is so helpful for idiots like me. Thanks again.
Honestly, you're only an idiot if you don't ask and f*ck something up.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Keep in mind the blue clip stays on the tank and the fuel line comes off. And you can rotate the clip/line around to get a better pinch on the blue clip. And it's a finesse thing not a brute force thing. Pinch the clip tabs in and work the line off gently. The line just pushes back on and snaps onto the clip.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Keep in mind the blue clip stays on the tank and the fuel line comes off. And you can rotate the clip/line around to get a better pinch on the blue clip. And it's a finesse thing not a brute force thing. Pinch the clip tabs in and work the line off gently. The line just pushes back on and snaps onto the clip.
To add to the above, you may need to push the clip on the line forward slightly while pinching the sides of the blue clip to help release it and then pull back.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
color change

Thanks for your help- here is the truth about what is going on. Finished getting the bike painted- but I didn't feel the silver was dark enough or the yellow was deep enough. So- I have dissembled the bike (yea- I did it) and all the parts have been sanded. Back to the painter. The 06 Sonic silver is getting a new darker silver, and the yellow stripe is going to a deeper school bus kinda yellow. The new Corbin bags are getting the makeover in color too to the darker silver. Call me crazy! :eek:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Thanks for your help- here is the truth about what is going on. Finished getting the bike painted- but I didn't feel the silver was dark enough or the yellow was deep enough. So- I have dissembled the bike (yea- I did it) and all the parts have been sanded. Back to the painter. The 06 Sonic silver is getting a new darker silver, and the yellow stripe is going to a deeper school bus kinda yellow. The new Corbin bags are getting the makeover in color too to the darker silver. Call me crazy! :eek:
You're crazy. :D

That bike looked darn good to begin with, it will be interesting to see how it looks after it's repainted. If you haven't picked the yellow yet, look at the Chrome Yellow that was used on some Ford Rangers. It's very close to the school bus yellow and is bright.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Don't forget to disconnect the Speedo connector. If you push the fuel line all the way up and then pinch in the tabs , it seems to work better.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Your an idiot:joke: Your bike looks damn good as is:bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts