M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Now that I got my bike painted, I was considering the possibility of putting some of these decals on my bike. I know people that have used them and they all say that they look great when applied and that people don't believe them when they tell them they aren't airbrushed on, but that they are decals!! I like several of the designs, but was wondering what you guys think. Should I just leave my tank naked like it is? Does anyone know if they can be easily removed without screwing up my paint if I change my mind later? :confused: :confused: :confused: :doorag:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kinda like the "Skull Flame Decals" on page 1

and the "Skullbones" on Page 1 would probably look good on the black cherry paint I think.

Also on Page 2 the "Alien Tribal Decals" look cool, kinda like a snake.

On Page 4 I like both of the "Razor Skull" 1 & 2 decals.

Hmmm, gotta think about this one for a while... :confused: :doorag:

·
Registered
484 Posts
That Unicorn is SAAAAWEEET! J/K

I like the ghosted scull look deep under a candy....

·
Registered
898 Posts
For me it depends on matching the colors... If you put something on thats matches in color they look ok but to me if you put some oposite color that does'nt blend then they look like a sticker...

they do have some that are'nt bad...

khrome

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dennis,
On the website it says the decals can be removed by heating with a hair drier, then peeled off. Just like the warning stickers I guess. I think the red rose would look good on your new paint. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whiteout said:
Dennis,
On the website it says the decals can be removed by heating with a hair drier, then peeled off. Just like the warning stickers I guess. I think the red rose would look good on your new paint. :bigthumbsup:
Very funny Don! :p ::)

Here's a better idea of how the bones would look on my black cherry paint (sorry I'm not that great with Photoshop)

Waddya think? :confused:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
JMO , but as the old saying goes " friends don't let friends mess up a great looking bike with stickers" :p so please no stickers over that great color you got :bigthumbsup: just my .02

·
Registered
132 Posts
I tend to agree with the last post. You have a great looking paint job. It's your bike. If it were me I wouldn't mess it up with cheap crap.
By the way why does people go for skulls, bones. and satanic stuff   :evil: on motorcycles? I find it--depressing.

·
Registered
484 Posts
JayTee said:
I tend to agree with the last post. You have a great looking paint job. It's your bike. If it were me I wouldn't mess it up with cheap crap.
By the way why does people go for skulls, bones. and satanic stuff  :evil: on motorcycles? I find it--depressing.
I think it's a pirate thing... not a :evil: thing...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
before you choose one of them, check out - iHOTROD.com .....gary has some great stuff
and i have personal experience with him and his products, products are great quality and i'm
sure you'll be pleased if you find something you like....

·
Registered
961 Posts
Just spoke to Gary from IHotrod.com and he has a lot of cool stuff. In fact he just cut some decals for one of our members. He said it was a color shifting red and gold for a black bike. Take a look at it, all of his stuff is clear lamentated. The decaLs I had lost their color the frist time I waxed my bike. I think I might order a set from him. My wife owes me a gift!!!

C-One

G

·
I have someone working on a pinup decal for the passenger pillon cover that will include her and TAZ in some form!

My own little pirate.

G

·
DHandyman said:
Darn it Taz, Next time I'm down there you've got to remember to introduce me to THAT friend 8)
You will have go to Michigan with me to me her, so that may not happen but, I have been looking out for you and the wife has friend from Houston that works with her that you may end up having some fun with. Get your AZZ moved and we can get on with life.

TAZ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts