M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I want to buy a used or cheap tank bib, I crushed the back of my knee in a crash about two months ago and now have to ware a leg brace that goes from my groin to my ankle and it sucks let me tell u that much, but the realty of it is i just payed 1100.00 bucks for a new tank and the the last thing i want to do is scratch it up with my brace. any condition will do being how its just going to be temporary, I'm not much of a fan of the bib but this way i can ride some before winter.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
If you don't want a bib, get some of the paint protection film and apply it to the sides of the tank. I got a kit that has two sheets about 6" x 10" at Walmart for a little over $10. You can hardly tell it's on the bike unless I show where it is. I just used a small oval piece one each side and applied it over the curve in the tank. It stops the scuffing.

I think you can buy small sheets of it at most auto parts stores too. The kit I got was made by 3M and sold under their Scotchguard name.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a tank bra.....LOVE it!!!
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6634&str=290

So how did you smash your knee??? Did you go down on the bike?
Yes I did, just about got ran over by a car going about 70 mph in a 35 mph on the wrong side of the road, I was pulling out onto a small 2 lane road with a parking lot on both sides, pulled up and stopped, looked right, left, and back to the right and and nothing, started out on to the road and there it was, I grabbed a hand full of the happy handle, because the last thing that I wanted was to get broad sided by a speeding car, and the next thing i remember was getting up after I hit a parked car on the other side of the road, and the bad part of the hole thing was the car didn't stop just went right on down the road, I was leaving in a small pack of bikes and was the first one pulling out, I am so thankful that this car didn't run over all of my friends or me for that much. My dad always told me that there are 2 types of riders those that have been down, and those that are going down, and I never thought it would ever happen but, once again the old man was right.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Thanks guys, Zoom I never thought about the paint skins,:redfaced::redfaced::redfaced: I think that, thats the way I will go, being how I really don't like the bibs in the first place, You guys are GREAT, and thats way I love this forum,:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
My condolences, that sucks. How about duct tapeing a piece of padding to your brace when you ride?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Ductape is used for everything:joke:
MiniChop, is that the xray?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I use the Suzuki Tank Bra and love it. I remove when washing the bike and I polish under it quite a bit. You will find that it does cause little hairline scratches around the exposed edge when they get too dirty but if you keep them clean, it's not an issue. For the most part, the little scratches disappear with your next coat of polish. Nothing compared to the scratches that you get from snaps or zippers, OR a knee brace.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That Sucks!

Watch out for those four-wheelers who don't seem to care about anything except themselves. Just buried a friend last week. Got T-boned by an 87 yr old woman who made a left turn. Keep your eyes open. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts