M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help I have read the other topics on tank bibs . But I would like to know if anybody else has any ideas or know of some that will fit the 109. I something to protect my tank it is gettin a little wear .. Thanks in Advance..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got an M109 tank bra if you want it. I bought it for my bike, but decided against putting it on. It is brand new and perfect. PM me if you want it.Â

·
Registered
543 Posts
Iam gettin one too.I road all day in the hot sun,and on the way back home I could not put my legs near the tank it was so hot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have the one pictured above, i like it pretty well..

however i am gonna find a small camera bag and get the wife to sew it on so i can carry small items i need, like wallet phone...etc..

i hadnt seen any aftermarket ones yet, but there may be some, i dunno.

also, there is a guy on the "vtxoa.com" website, an the 1300 riders message board, with the id of "robt" ...he makes custom leather tank covers, he might could make you one for the 109...may be worth asking..

tc

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
They will over time no matter what anyone says ;) Get a little dirt under it and even a small amount of movement will leave scratchs , just like a bra on a car.

But its not like you would be able to see the small scuffs/scratchs on that silver bike anyway :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bonehead said:
They will over time no matter what anyone says ;) Get a little dirt under it and even a small amount of movement will leave scratchs , just like a bra on a car.

But its not like you would be able to see the small scuffs/scratchs on that silver bike anyway :bigthumbsup:
+1
I could not agree with you more and that is why I'll personally never put one on my bike. And as far as the heat, I live in Southern Louisiana (and man it gets hot here) and my tank has never gotten so hot on the sides that it has burned my legs, but I never wear shorts on my bike.

G

·
I have a custom one for mine. I had it made locally.

I have my guy making 4 different ones right now and Nester will be putting together a piece of his paint protection to go under it.

When I have these in my hands I will post pics for you guys to take a look at.

TAZ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts