M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let me start by saying, I am not a fan of tank bags on a cruiser but its the worse of two evils I need something to thrown in small stuff... I currently own and large tank bag I have used on several different sport bikes... It is a chase harper...  It has been an excellent bag and has been to 140+mph and never lost it ..... yet  :D but its way to big for this bike...

If you have a bag please send a link and would really like to see pics on your 109 if possible with the dimensions.....

thanks all  :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I get home tonight, I'll take some pics of it on M so you can see what it looks like.
It fits very nice on the M.... On my VTX, it was kind of in the way...

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ConnRadd said:
When I get home tonight, I'll take some pics of it on M so you can see what it looks like.
It fits very nice on the M.... On my VTX, it was kind of in the way...
i await your pics :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you haven't already, try Ebay for these tank bags there is a pretty good variety of different bags. I have seriously been thinking about buying one and thus far Conrad and EL have the nicest looking bags.

Conrad: does your bag have a strap for carrying the bag around when you remove it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ruben said:
If you haven't already, try Ebay for these tank bags there is a pretty good variety of different bags. I have seriously been thinking about buying one and thus far Conrad and EL have the nicest looking bags.

Conrad: does your bag have a strap for carrying the bag around when you remove it?
It does come with a strap, but not for carrying. Allows you to secure it on the bike just in case the bag falls off...

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks much ConnRadd for the pics... Does the handle sag down and ride on the paint? and does the whole bottom have magnets or just the wings?

thanks

khrome

·
Registered
289 Posts
It has a micro-fiber type of material on the bottom. As for magnets, I think there's six of them. They hold on tight.
I clean my tank really good before I put it on.. I used it a bunch of times on my Red VTX, never had any issues with it getting scratched or rub marks.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I use a Rapid Transit tank bag all the time. I also have an RT tail bag that I use on multi-day rides. They work quite well and I think their shape actually works line wise with the bikes styling about as well as possible for their fairly large size.

Let me figure out how to add a picture and I'll post one with the bag on the bike.

Try this.

http://imageevent.com/kshorter/bike?p=2&n=1&m=18&c=3&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=3

·
Registered
253 Posts
jazzman said:
I use a Rapid Transit tank bag all the time. I also have an RT tail bag that I use on multi-day rides. They work quite well and I think their shape actually works line wise with the bikes styling about as well as possible for their fairly large size.

Let me figure out how to add a picture and I'll post one with the bag on the bike.

Try this.

http://imageevent.com/kshorter/bike?p=2&n=1&m=18&c=3&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=3
Mate any chance of giving me a link to where to find them I like the style of the large bag and the small one also thinking of getting both one for small trips and one for the long weekends

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i will do a search for that one also but if you have a link please post it :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The rapid transits look nice also but there are several which are you using jazzman?

khrome

·
Registered
11 Posts

Icon Tank bag, Cortek sidebags, also have another big tank bag i use on the passenger seat for the gym. I know, JR wont like :(, but i love to ride and try to take it every chance i get. I find the "cool points" i loose are worth the extra riding i get to do :doorag:..Rock on all..

P.S. the Breakaway throttle lock is worth every penny, thanks Lamonster, your last post on the topic helped make up my mind on the purchase

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a nice one too -- by T-Bags. It has a very nice soft textured rubber surface on the tank side to prevent scratches.

Comes in black and Silver, and comes with a bui;t-in rain cover.

It's a little pricey -- but no more so than any other luggage. I don't have a picture of it on my 109 but you can look at it at:

http://www.tbags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=47&selectedcat=2

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kewl ! thanks to everyone that has responded ... keep'em coming i am seeing some i hav'nt seen before and i am sure others are getting ideas also...

thanks also to Kane for posting the pics  :bigthumbsup:

khrome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts