M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a magnetic tank bag. Any other riders on this board use a tank bag and if so how do you like it, and where did you get it? What kind etc. thanks

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I have 3 tank bags. One just large enough for 2-3 bottles of water, one that is large enough to be used as an overnight bag, and one that expands to a size large enough for a full size helment, or 3-4 days worth of clothes. I love them, but be careful, make sure the bike is clean, so that you dont scratch anything. I now use them on the solo luggage rack that I have. Cycle Gear normally has some nice ones that you can find on sale. Your best source is Craigslist. I paid $10 for the small one, and $40 for the large one on Craigslist. I got the medium one from Cycle Gear for $39 using their coupon.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
I have the oxford sprint,looks good on the bike[bonus]and has a surprising amount of storage...Has a nice shape to it that compliments the bike...Two compartments,small for phone,wallet,keys and larger one that unzips,for 2 size options...I agree with blacklightning,keep your tank clean,very easy to scuff up with a lot of use...Mine is on 90% of the time...Keep a small micro-fibre cloth in it to wipe tank every time i put it on.... Couldn't live without it... Absolutely love it..!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
What size tank bag should I be looking for if I want to fit a couple pair of clothes and a pair of shoes? Or should I be leaning more towards saddle bags.

Need something basically for weekend trips.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
What size tank bag should I be looking for if I want to fit a couple pair of clothes and a pair of shoes? Or should I be leaning more towards saddle bags.

Need something basically for weekend trips.
My larger, expandable bag can handle that, but it would be a little large to place on the tank. Clothes can be rolled up pretty nicely, but shoes take a lot of space. You may want to look into a saddle bag.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My larger, expandable bag can handle that, but it would be a little large to place on the tank. Clothes can be rolled up pretty nicely, but shoes take a lot of space. You may want to look into a saddle bag.
The manta will hold a couple pair of clothes though? I may just have to throw my shoes in my back pack. Dont really like the look of saddle bags, may not have a choice though.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Thought you were going to put these on your bike..........................LOL!!!!
He was Jesting....:#1:

I have the same as IXM's above. Works good.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I love my FieldSheer Eiffel II Magnetic Tank Bag (its a 3-way setup)

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/...heer_eiffel+ii+magnetic+tank+bag+3-way+system

2 bags for one low price - use one, the other or both at once or even just use the map pocket!
Carbo ballistic 1680 denier waterproof nylon outer shell
Vinyl covered, non glare. Velcro Zip fastened map holder on both bags
Internal pockets to organize your gear
Back pack shoulder and waist straps in zip closed base pocket
Removable Covered 8 piece magnetic base
Reflective piping on front and side of both bags
Base Bag: Length 18", Width 16", Normal Height 8.5"
Top Bag: Length 15", Width 10.5", Normal Height 4.5" Expanded 6.5"

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
This the assortment that I use. I would call them medium, large, and extra large. I use the medium, or large one on the tank, or luggage rack. The exta large is to large for the tank IMO. All have a detatchable base. You can then carry the bag as a back pack, or shoulder bag. As I said before, check Craigslist. I paid $10 for the medium one, and gave him an extra five for meeting me at a service station after 10:00 pm. The Xlarge one was $40, and I saw it for over $100 at Cycle Gear this weekend.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am in the market for a magnetic tank bag. Any other riders on this board use a tank bag and if so how do you like it, and where did you get it? What kind etc. thanks
I've got the Tour Master 18. It has everything I was looking for and is top quality. It even comes with a protective cover for a second helmet shield, clear view top for map/gps/ or electronic toll pass, and converts into a back pack. Too many options to list . Check it out at : http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/11590/ITEM/Tour-Master-Super-18-Liter-Tank-Bag.aspx

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've got the Tour Master 18. It has everything I was looking for and is top quality. It even comes with a protective cover for a second helmet shield, clear view top for map/gps/ or electronic toll pass, and converts into a back pack. Too many options to list . Check it out at : http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/11590/ITEM/Tour-Master-Super-18-Liter-Tank-Bag.aspx
:agree:This is the one I have and love it. I usually carry my first aid kit, tools, motopump, and have room for all the other goodies you may want to carry.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this one: http://www.gearscanada.com/products/details/195/43/i--wire-tank-bag.html

It has very strong magnets and has alot of storage. Plus, the price was much cheaper than alot of bags I checked.

Now, if you are looking at Saddle bags, I have the Suzuki saddle bags, that have never been used. Still in the wrapping and box. PM me if you are interested in them...
PM sent regarding saddle bags; how does this bag sit in regard to the speedometer & gas tank? will it ride low enough to allow full view/access?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Take a look at the Rapid Transit tank bags. They are very well made and very reasonably priced. There are quite a few variations and sizes available.

·
Registered
741 Posts
PM sent regarding saddle bags; how does this bag sit in regard to the speedometer & gas tank? will it ride low enough to allow full view/access?
Replied to PM on Saddle bags. The tank bag can fit below the gas cap, if you want, with no obstruction to the gas cap or speedo. When using my MP3 player, I move it up to where the top of the bag is right over the gas cap, so I can access the player easier. I can take a pic of it if you want. Just let me know...

Thought you were going to put these on your bike..........................LOL!!!!
You're killing me!!! I don't even like putting on my passenger seat and backrest...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts