M109 Riders banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to fix loose tank badging? Mine are both popping out in the middle.

Thanks IMG_1078.jpg

·
Registered
357 Posts
REPLACE THEM or remove them, if there is dust or dirt it will never stick again...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Based on the other pictures you posted, it looks like the tank and/or the badge were also damaged when the bike went down.
The badge and tank appear to have different shapes.
If true, your kind of stuck. A new badge might not lay right and no badge might show a dent.
Don't shoot the messenger....he's been there and lives with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tank is fine luckily. But both badges are popped out in the middle. Kind of strange that i see no other post about it. Sense both of mine are doing the same thing

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
My suggestion is to remove them altogether. The tank/bike looks much better without them anyway.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
After blowing up the pic provided, it appears to me that the glue/adhesive has simply failed, and is now lifting and no longer sticking to the tank surface. As I stated earlier, I think it would be best to remove the badges altogether. In fact, just remove one of them, clean up of surface, step away from the bike, and look at it to see if you like the look of the bike better without the badge. If not, you haven't lost anything, because at worst you're going to have to replace them anyway, if you decide you like the look of the bike better with the badges on the tank.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I removed and then replaced mine to respray the tank.
Simply remove using some fishing line or similar then remove the sticky stuff from the badge and replace with some quality (3M) double sided number plate tape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts