M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alabama sunday, not talladega race track.
Current mood: accomplished
Category: Life

well i finally went riding sunday, i mean really riding, not too see my parents, not too the store, just had a pleasent, sunday ride.

left my house in villa rica, went as far as oxford, al. went thru bremen, tallapoosa, ga. and on thru little~bitty towns in alabama, muscadine, fruithurst, edwardsville, heflin, i think i could live somewhere round there very pretty area, very.

drove up to the talladega national forest, went up to Cheaha St. Park, rode up the scenic route, awesome views, great riding.

had a bottle of water at the store and a snickers, big spender, huh? drove back down the scenic route, to hwy 78 west, drove all the way too Oxford. Drove by the harley dealer waived at the guys and the suzuki dealers, looked in the windows too see if they had any 'M's' there, did'nt see any.

headed home, stopped in heflin, al. had a delicious, ice cream at the local stand, it was great!

stopped in tallapoosa, got some gas, headed on into villa rica, got soaked about the time i got too town, all is well the 'M' performed flawlessly, most of the time. a few times i beleive when i stopped, it was a little flooded, don't know for sure, but it started...lol

great ride, great day, great motorcycle!!!

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Right at the end of Spring I rode over from Lawrenceville, GA to the Barber Vintage Motor Sports Museum just east of B'ham, AL near Leeds. I took a scenic route pretty close to where you were riding. It's a very nice area.

If you haven't checked out the Barber Vintage Motor Sports Museum, it's well worth your time. Actually, it's a pretty amazing place.

Here's their link. http://www.barbermuseum.org/

And here's a pic I took. I got a bunch I need to get posted to my site.

http://imageevent.com/kshorter/barb...txc1.zebra_s?p=0&n=1&m=18&c=3&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=3

The museum is 5 full floors. The pic I took above shows just one small corner of two floors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill havet too leave earlier , jazzman and head over that way and check out barber, just probably would havet too leave earlier too see the museum! thanks for the heads upon the museum.... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
310 Posts
haven't made it to cheaha yet this year, but most definitely will in the fall. I just need to figure out how to get my bike on the cruise ship next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts