M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I attached highway pegs to my engine guards, works for me. I'm also going to purchase a backrest. There is a member on the forum developing one now. But, there are a few on the DLP site also. Hope this helps. Some guys are using forward control extensions also.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a 34" inseam. I also have a full cut gel seat. brings you back about 2". No longer sitting on top of the back of the front seat. I've read from some of the guys on here that ordered the peg extenders, they stick out more than the stock.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am 6' 6" and I went to DLP (click above on their banner) and got this :
1. Kuryakyn ISO pegs
2. Kuryakyn offset footrest
3. Cycle House peg extenders
You can also bend the rear brake (or if you are like me) start riding without using rear brakes.
Also - do not go with Corbin seats (they will slide you forward).
Get (if you can) FULL CUT gel seat.
Good luck.:bigthumbsup:
P.S. And yes, that combo with the pegs will stick out and if you take aggressive turns you will brake the world record in scraping.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm 6'2'' I have Full cut Gel seat and I also have Kuryakan Swing Wing Front Pegs. My 9 is comfy:D
swing wing pegs are sweet, look badass too. im 6 2 myself and love em. also i rotated my stock handlebars up an inch or 2, makes a huge difference for me

·
Registered
501 Posts
i'm 6,2" i rotated my hadlebars up and added 1" riser extensions. corbin seat and cruise pegs on my engine guards.

·
Registered
506 Posts
One thing I don't understand.
What's with HIGHWAY pegs and engine guard ? :dontknow:
Are you all from some places with no traffic ?
What do you do (beside just to look at engine guard and pegs) in stop and go traffic ?
Is that solution good for city riding ?
I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
One thing I don't understand.
What's with HIGHWAY pegs and engine guard ? :dontknow:
Are you all from some places with no traffic ?
What do you do (beside just to look at engine guard and pegs) in stop and go traffic ?
Is that solution good for city riding ?
I don't think so.
No, they don't work well for city riding. I use them for highway riding, works for me. Thought about getting the extensions, but don't want to scrape too much.

·
Registered
506 Posts
No, they don't work well for city riding. I use them for highway riding, works for me. Thought about getting the extensions, but don't want to scrape too much.
Ghost, that's my point.
Most tall guys think that slapping on guards and pegs is the proper solution for them.
It may be, but only if you live in some place far cry from traffic, and all you do is highway riding.
The minute you hit heavy traffic, with setup like this - you are screwed.:nojoke:

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm 6'3" and have the Kury Swing pegs and a CW backrest. I'm really comfortable on long rides, or around town. Then again, I try and ride where there isn't too much traffic.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'm 6'5" with a 38" inseam and 38" arms ( I'm like a hairless orangutan). I have the Raw Design Forward Controls, Full Cut Gell Seat, 2" Riser Extension, and I rotated my bars up so they are level. It's very comfortable to ride. Not all layed out like a recliner, but I don't feel like I'm sitting in a kitchen chair either.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
6'3 on a good day good recommendations above.I added some 2 inch Rivco risers and rotated the handle bars up a little. I cut about 1 and 3/4 inch of foam out of my seat. This helped me sit straighter in the saddle and I don't have as much fatigue when I ride now. Got real tired of riding hunched over all the time.I also got some Zombie pegs so I can ride with my heals resting on them and get to alternate my foot position on long rides.

The weird thing is that my height is all in my torso. I have extra vertebra and short legs. 31 inch inseam.

·
Registered
506 Posts
6'3 on a good day good recommendations above.I added some 2 inch Rivco risers and rotated the handle bars up a little. I cut about 1 and 3/4 inch of foam out of my seat. This helped me sit straighter in the saddle and I don't have as much fatigue when I ride now. Got real tired of riding hunched over all the time.I also got some Zombie pegs so I can ride with my heals resting on them and get to alternate my foot position on long rides.

The weird thing is that my height is all in my torso. I have extra vertebra and short legs. 31 inch inseam.
Robert, tell us little more about cutting the foam out of your seat. :dontknow:
You did it ? Professional ?
How did you go about it ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am just under 6'4" and I had the peg extensions but, didn't like the way they looked. So I went with the full cut gel and baron xtrem bars. They take 2" off the pull back of the bars and make me lean forward just a bit and plants me deep into the back of the seat. If anyone is interested in the extensions let me know, we can make a deal.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i'm 6'4" 275 lbs., last summer i did a trip of about 550 miles in the same day and i stopped 3 time to fuel and the only thing that was uncomfortable was the seat but only on the last leg of the trip.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm definitely going to change the seat and look into the peg extenders. Not sure about the highway pegs. The forward controls would probably be better.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Robert, tell us little more about cutting the foam out of your seat. :dontknow:
You did it ? Professional ?
How did you go about it ?
You need a heavy duty staple gun. Remove the staples from the seat cover and then take the foam off of the seat.The foam is usually rapped in a plastic wrap like sandwich wrap.Remove it then use a marker and trace your line on the foam. Then use an electric carving knife and cut the foam a little at a time. You can sit the foam on the seat mount and do a couple of test sits on the bike till you get it where you want it.

Then recover the foam with sandwich wrap and reattach to the seat mount. Stretch the cover back over and staple down. You may need an assistant to help you stretch or staple but it's pretty straight forward.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts