M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just jump over vrodforum.com and boy they are talking trash about the 109. There a couple threads I saw VROD vs M109R and there is a lot of bragging about how they spanked butt in a race. I find it hard to believe. Tell me it ain't so. The M109R out performs the Vrod by far in terms of horsepower and torque. I do believe the only why a Vrod could out do a stock M109R is if it was heavily modified. I'm new to this forum and just reading all the post here and what you guys have accomplished with this awesome bike despite gremlins that the M109R is here to stay and a force to be reckoned with. I do not have a 109 yet but hope to in the next couple of months. Keep up the good work in making this an enjoyable and informative forum. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can easily post that I am the richest man in the world, with a huge house, a huge garage, and tons of cars.... but does that mean it is in fact true? :)

Let them post their BS to make themselves feel better about spending all that money on a POS...

I'll just smile as I ride on by with my 109, happy with my baby :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
This issue was posted and discussed here a few weeks ago, owners of both sites (friends) posted their comments and asked that us more mature riders ignor the "My bike is faster than yours" comments. Both bikes are beautiful and fast, as was stated then, the winner in a drag race would probably come down to the most experienced rider.

Besides, we know which stock bike is faster from the factory, so we don't need to slam the competition. Do you think either biker that lost a race would come on and post a loss? I don't think so! (( ; Kills on both sides will continue to be posted, so just take them with a grain of salt and enjoy one of the fastest and best looking cruisers on the street, we love our 109's and they love their V-Rods!

EFE M109

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to get into a slamming contest in whose bike is better. I think it funny that they even dare to say they spanked a 109 knowing what I know about it. I'm glad you guys love your bikes or else I wouldn't be here and someday I hope to share that love with you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I say whoever bashes the most is also the biggest liar. ::) I respect all bikes. Especially the Vrod. That is one very cool machine and I really don't care which bike is faster or better. I just buy what works for me and then I'm happy with it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My 2 cents: I've been pouring over their forum looking at performance #s for 1/4 and 1/8 timeslips.

Based on what I have seen them post to each other (...and the main thread I'm referring to started BEFORE there was an M109R), most of them are running 7s for 1/8 mile times. I've only seen a few folks here post track times and I believe the ones I've seen posted were in the 8s range.

Granted, from the 1/8 to the end of the 1/4, there's a lot of room an M109R can make up. An 1/8 of a mile is a real short distance, IMHO, and I expect me on my bike to sometimes take an M109R or a VTX1800 in just an 1/8 mile stretch. As another poster mentioned, it can easily come down to the rider....and if one gets a jump on the other one, the one 'behind,' even though their bike would normally spank the other, might make a mistake due to the shock factor. Least...that's what I'm hoping will occur on Thursday & Friday when I hit the tracks!

Any M109R or V-Rods in the Huntsville, AL or a any V-Rods or VTX1800s in the Clarksville, TN areas wanna meet at the strips?

·
Registered
414 Posts
It really doesn't matter...ask them their satisfaction per dollar ratio!

I came close to buying a VRod, then I sat on the M109 and felt the balance and feel of it...

G

·
ThunderHorse said:
Ok I get the point. I don't mean to beat a dead horse. Just trying to defend the honor of the M109R. I guess it doen't need any defending. Sorry I brought it up
LOL, no worries bud...I was actually poking fun at the horse/your user name connection than belittling you for "beating a dead horse". All is cool with me. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
EFE was right on the money. We know what it will do they know what it will do so they have to trash talk to bring there bikes up to ours. I see it in there eyes every time I encounter them on the street. It,s the expression I,m not going to tackle that. It is a nice feeling to know I smile to them and nod and continue on my way. I know I don,t have to prove a thing.Nuff said IMHO 8) :cop: :read: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
It is pretty obvious that they KNOW we are faster, as here in Houston, have rode by a few of them, and they want nothing to do with the 109...

Good thing too as since I'm such a newbie rider, I might not do as well in a race as others...

Funny how much TRASH they talk... yet their actions show their TRUE feelings...

I guess it is the HD mentality... they HAVE to be the best... no ifs ands or buts about it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chadrob30 said:
LOL, no worries bud...I was actually poking fun at the horse/your user name connection than belittling you for "beating a dead horse". All is cool with me. :bigthumbsup:
Ohhh. My bad. No worries here either.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hmmmmm, guys , I love my 109r . I also like the Vrod family quite a bit.....

Given that , you guys really should do some more research ..... VRods have a distinct advantage over our bikes....They weigh approx 100 lbs less and have similar peak rear wheel hp numbers. What does this mean?

On a decent day, on a decent track with a decent rider , the V Rod is going to post quicker ets at higher mph's. What are our advantages? First, much more low end and mid range power - in an all out race , the upper mid range and top end are what is most important unless you are doing same gear rollons or something. We dont have to rev so high to get big hp because of our displacement advantage. Aslo , we have a big back tire that provides great traction off the line.

So on the street , who wins the race? Totally depends on the situation.... from a dig with two equal riders that are good racers V Rod by a bike or two. From an impromptu roll on with two average riders , 109 . In a quick light to light blast with average riders , 109. In an all out 1/4 race at the track with two expert , equal racers, VRod.

Hope that helps......both are great bikes and have their advantages and disadvantages. I could have bought either and I chose the 109 because I wanted a bigger bike, liked the much lower price , and wanted the much stronger low end power. Both look great IMHO and handle well for cruisers.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
my 2¢- who cares what they say or think. If I was worried about it I would have bought the V-rod. I'm more proud of the fact that we don't have a thread bashing other bikes here everyday. I'd rather talk about my ride than someone else's. If you're wasting time talking about the other guys bike then you probably, secretly wish you had bought that one.

(climbs down off of soapbox and onto super fast black 109)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BigBen said:
Funny how much TRASH they talk... yet their actions show their TRUE feelings...

I guess it is the HD mentality... they HAVE to be the best... no ifs ands or buts about it...
HD Mentality? I call it fear. And fear does cause some people to say one thing but their actions say another. I have to admit that I have seriously looked at the V-rod and it is a nice bike but Suzuki has a better package in stock form at a better price. Everyone is right. Let them believe they have the better bike as long as we know what 109 is capable of and if and when the time ever arises where a V-rod and M109R come head to head may they be sent home with their tails between their legs. I also realize that we may not win all the battles due to rider ability but there should be no shame in losing a race every now in then because we all know what the machine alone is capable off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shriker said:
Hmmmmm, guys , I love my 109r .  I also like the Vrod family quite a bit.....

Given that , you guys really should do some more research ..... VRods have a distinct advantage over our bikes....They weigh approx 100 lbs less and have similar peak rear wheel hp numbers. What does this mean?

On a decent day, on a decent track with a decent rider , the V Rod is going to post quicker ets at higher mph's.  What are our advantages? First, much more low end and mid range power - in an all out race , the upper mid range and top end are what is most important unless you are doing same gear rollons or something. We dont have to rev so high to get big hp because of our displacement advantage. Aslo , we have a big back tire that provides great traction off the line.Â

So on the street , who wins the race? Totally depends on the situation.... from a dig with two equal riders that are good racers V Rod by a bike or two. From an impromptu roll on with two average riders , 109 . In a quick light to light blast with average riders , 109. In an all out 1/4 race at the track with two expert , equal racers, VRod.

Hope that helps......both are great bikes and have their advantages and disadvantages. I could have bought either and I chose the 109 because I wanted a bigger bike, liked the much lower price , and wanted the much stronger low end power.  Both look great IMHO and handle well for cruisers.
No doubt. I don't have anything again HD or the V-rod. Your right. Both bikes do have their advantages and diadvantages. I know this. I've been looking at the V-rod since they came out in 02 till the 109 can out. It's still a tough decision sometime now that the 07 VSRCAW is out with a 240 rear tire and a 5 gal fuel tank. Which are pluses for the V-rod. But I still lean toward the M109R. I like the styling, performance and price.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts