M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally worked my way up the corporate chain and got some serious interest stirred up about the M109, everyone should go to the supertrapp site and look at the system they make for the V-rod, it's called the V5 and it's the exact design the M109 pipe should be based on.
Massive weight savings and SERIOUS gains on the dyno are what this pipe will produce, as well as tunability with discs.
The styling is pure race and no bling although it looks as clean as any of the shiny junk.
I told them about this site, and obviously opened their eyes to the sales potential of such a pipe.

I think the only owners that wouldnt want this system is either those who intend to keep the stock pipe or those aesthetic minded individuals who are looking for a certain style over raw horsepower output.
For everyone else it will be a must have, we're talking about a potential 30-40lb weight savings and a 15-20hp increase at peak.

The first question that will need to be answered is a test bike, they are certainly big enough as a company to get their own bike but I did throw it out there that there must be a M109 owner in the cleveland area that would be willing to submit his machine for development in consideration for a free system from the first production run.

The second question is of the 350 members we now have, how many would commit to purchasing this system if it were available in the next 30 days, I'd be very suprised if it's any less than 200 of us, and that number could get them REAL motivated to get the development under way right NOW.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would be interested if they look and sound reasonable good as well as perform.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It would have to have good chrome and heat shields to work for me.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
My guess is that Cobra will be the first to hit the streets because they have had the bike the longest and we kinda had an inside scoop that they sound great and work well with the FI2000.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
30 days was just hypothetical, 60 is realistic.

Does cobra make a 2 into 1 or are they all duals of different types?

There's also a guy in chicago that built the V-rod pipe for joker machine who would love to have a M109 for development, and make a production run of pipes, said he would need to keep it a week, check out the joker machine pipe for the V-rod to see his quality of work and results.

His site is> www.jbvracing.com

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lamonster said:
My guess is that Cobra will be the first to hit the streets because they have had the bike the longest and we kinda had an inside scoop that they sound great and work well with the FI2000.
I got an email from Cobra yesterday and they told me they would have two versions f their exhausts available for the M109R out by end of May or by the first of June.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Answered my own question, cobra makes a "POWER PRO HP 2 into 1"
I'm PRAYING that is one of the styles they will be making for the 109 :read:

G

·
I followed behind mine tonight while a friend rode it. It is very quiet from behind. Not loud enough for me by any stretch of the imagination. I obviously have the stock pipes with no modifications.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm liking that two into one look also. Something like Cobra's power pro, or the Bub's Rinehart Two into one that they make.
I've done too many two into two drag style pipes and see something different for the 109 if I'm going to switch. Performance dyno numbers will be a big factor in the final decision though.
Jerbear

·
Registered
438 Posts
i really love the look of the big stock pipes. and most likely won't change from that fat pipe look. I was thinking about gutting the stockers. . just need to hear what that would sound like 1st.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another company I'm trying to get on board is muzzys, they make a VTX pipe, warrior and mean streak pipe, all 2 into 1's that make max gains and are superb quality.
This is a no brainer for them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I didn't like that VTX Supertrapp look. It's too small and low. I'd like to see a little sweep up in our 2/1 too. Our bike is not a Road King and think it should be a little sportier. MHO

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rob Muzzy is at road atlanta this weekend for the NHRA national, I just got off the phone with the production manager in oregon who knew all about the M109 and agreed that they should get on this as quickly as possible, so I'm gonna do my best to build a fire under the old man's arse this weekend to get this thing into development ASAP.

He mentioned if enough guys were interested in the systems for a group buy, the would consider a signifigant price reduction.

Here is the VTX system>

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have never been a fan of Supertrapp products.
The stock system looks so good on the M109R that it will be hard to change it out, hopefully Vance & Hines will produce a pipe for the 109.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts