M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please explain how hard it is to do in order to take the baffles out? The video going around is not the M109R. Has anyone done this mod to there bike? Please explain, with possibly some pics,,thanks,,,I just bought my new M109R 5-15-06[ftp][/ftp]

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just got done taking my baffles out of my M109R. The work sucks ass, but the sound is well worth it. The bottom pipe is easy as cake. The upper pipe is angled, and I used a cutting wheel to get mine out because a hole saw was out of the question for sure. I used an extemely long SnapOn flat head to pop the three welds on each baffle. The work is long and teadious but it beats spending $450-700 on an entire new exhaust system that does not come close to the stock pipes that look awesome.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ALSO TOOK MY BAFFLES OUT PAIN IN TH BUT. HAD THE TOP ONE PLASMA CUT AND THE LOWER ONE USED A HOLE SAW AND DRILL. THEN POKED HOLES IN THE INNER ONES "TOP AND BOTTOM". BUT WELL WORTH THE SOUND EVERYONE IMPRESSED EVEN THE HD RIDERS. :eek: :(

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I'm wanting to do this, but will it effect the way the bike runs ? will I need to get the power commander(or the like) to adjust the fuel mixture because of this mod? It seems to make sense that because this is happening behind the SET valve, it shouldn't have any effect on the factory computer settings.
Any guidance you guys can give, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It has effected mine at lower speeds a little lunging. So i went ahead and purchased the FI 2000R DIGITAL FUEL PROCESSOR. hopfully it will fix the problem. :confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
just got done removing my baffles, took about 45 mins. holy%$##$% what a difference the sound is amazing. thanks for all the tech tips it made it so much easier

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Hey guys great tips. My beautiful wife had my new m109r sitting in my garage on Friday 5-26-06 by the time i got home from work, what a surprise i had. i have been drooling over this bike. and she went and bought it for me. anyway i NEED it a little louder but don't want it to be deafening as i have heard the cobra pipes are and besides i love the way the stock pipes look. With that said i am a little apprehensive about taking a cutting wheel, hole saw,plasma cutter etc to these beautiful pipes without having a step by step guide and having an idea what the end results are going to be. CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now the sound of the bike matches its mean looks and power delivery :evil:.

Bike still has the deep rumble,  it's just deeper & LOUDER! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts