M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some of you members will remeber this bike. Friend/customer bought this and then we commenced to modding it all up. Just about everything on this is custom or one off. The only things that did not get touched in someway is the tank and the 2 side covers. Bike was already black in the begining--so no custom paint---but I think it looks better that way.

Now, in getting rid of all the guages and indicators, and just going with a drag specialties speedo---something had to be done with indicators. I moved them with a single LED (8000MCD) in the left hand control. The turn signal indicator is in the mirror---they were Rivco's intigrated turn/mirror with indicators front and back of the mirror. So, high beam and nuetral are what you are looking at. First high beam, second is nuetral.

Sadly, after having the finished bike back to him for just a couple of weeks, The bolt on the right side timing belt sprocket backed out at slow speed. It is now on the lift with the right side of the engine all apart. See if you can find the problem.

Yep, bent every valve in that head. Parts are ordered, but imagine what the damage could have been or even if the belt broke at speed. This why I like good 'ol fashioned chains.

Hope you guys like it!

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: Looked awesome in person Matt! LED's look sweet! Sorry for you buddies luck on the engine! That sucks! I am sure he was ready to RIDE..! How long is she gonna be on the lift this time?? AND the question is how many bikes are behind her??? :D

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for the viewers!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
That is a super nice bike, great job Matt!

Folks seem to go nuts over Runes, but I'd 10x rather have a standard Valkyrie like that. They are one cool bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts