M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

Finally got the bike to a point worth photographing. I still have to put the new Dragon filters on but the weather was nice yesterday sooooo.....just use your imagination about the new filters. Thanks to all of you guys for the help and info to get this bike to such a Titanium Razor Blade style. When I look at it I am reminded of a drop of mercury in a tube. I am so damn happy with how it turned out. It is truely a passion. And a HUGE THANKS to my wife for putting up with me and helping me with this project.

Love You TinkTink

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Very nice!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I am so damn happy with how it turned out. It is truely a passion. And a HUGE THANKS to my wife for putting up with me and helping me with this project.
Looking Sharp & Shining in the Florida Sun! Looks real sleek with all the silver & chrome. I must say with the more traditional headlight it looks a little less like a M109R because I'm so used to seeing the unique headlight cover. You should be getting even more "Is that a new Harley?" statements from folks. :dontknow:.........:D

What size lowering bones you running in the rear?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea that is right, they are 2". I almost would have liked to go lower but it still rides pretty nice.

The pipe is awsome. I have never heard anything that has such a bass tone to it. It is like thunder when you let off the gas.

And yes on the wife helping out. It is too cool to have her input on things. She is the one that bought the light. I had wanted to do it but would not pull the trigger. She did not have that problem, hahahaha.

I just got in the Dragon 3" filters and much to my sadness....they are exactly 3" just like my intake pipes. No strapping or connection housing. Got to figure out how to connect them now.......

·
Registered
204 Posts
I cannot believe you removed the iconic M109 headlight "beacon".

I'm joking, obviously.

Bike looks great! Especially the headlight. :nojoke:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know.....the iconic headlight....nice. I still love the stock nacelle but I just wanted to do something off the path. I live in an insurance world as a job so my bike is my chance to "not be me".

The pipe is the Revo 5" Cannon.

And yes to everyone who has asked this question including myself. You can put the Kewl Metal tach housing with the Rivco risers. The fit is not perfect but it works.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I know.....the iconic headlight....nice. I still love the stock nacelle but I just wanted to do something off the path. I live in an insurance world as a job so my bike is my chance to "not be me".

The pipe is the Revo 5" Cannon.

And yes to everyone who has asked this question including myself. You can put the Kewl Metal tach housing with the Rivco risers. The fit is not perfect but it works.
Thanks for the Info. you have a sharp looking Nine Bra :clap2:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Great job bro, you and the wife did great on it. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Side Note On Tach Housing.....

I have the 2" pull back Rivco risers with the Kewl Metal tach housing as you guys know. If you are looking to go in that direction be prepared to loose site of the speedo. As long as you are doing under 30 and over 120 you are good. Just a bit of info.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts