M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let me dad borrow my 109 for a few days, and tonight he called me and said that the taillight won't shut off when he turns the key off. If he turns the key halfway between On and Off, it will turn off, but of course then he can't take the key out. Anyone have this problem? Its a stock (as far as the tailight) 07 LE. I added LED lights a few months ago, but I went directly to the battery and a switch and have never had problems before

any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I let me dad borrow my 109 for a few days, and tonight he called me and said that the taillight won't shut off when he turns the key off. If he turns the key halfway between On and Off, it will turn off, but of course then he can't take the key out. Anyone have this problem? Its a stock (as far as the tailight) 07 LE. I added LED lights a few months ago, but I went directly to the battery and a switch and have never had problems before

any suggestions?
I can almost guarantee you that he is not placing the key into the right setting. If am not mistaken there are three possilble clicks on this key, on, off, and "park" which leaves the tail-light on and does not let you take the key out. Tell your dad that is time for him to pull out his magnifying glass out of his "polyester" underpants:joke:.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I can almost guarantee you that he is not placing the key into the right setting. If am not mistaken there are three possilble clicks on this key, on, off, and "park" which leaves the tail-light on and does not let you take the key out. Tell your dad that is time for him to pull out his magnifying glass:joke:.
I can pull my key out when I put mine in "park":dontknow:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I just verified it, and your are correct EY3LESS... The key will only stay in while the selector is set to "On." However, I have a feeling that somehow it is being left in between two settings (On & Park) and thus the reason why the lights stay on and the key stays in:dontknow:.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Somehow when you say that Ey3less, it just comes out dirty...lol

I think the key is being turned the wrong way. full right is parking pamps and wont remove-tell him to turn full left and pull...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts