M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trolling here for a while but don't think I have posted before usually don't unless I ha something to add and you guys have it covered.

I was wondering if anybody knows how different the 109 taillights are from the 90. After talking with a friend with a 109 it sounds like the mounts are different but are the led boards the same? I was thinking of ordering a CA integrated light and swapping the board into my housing if they are. Or does anyone know of someone else making an integrated light for the 90?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the quality isn't the greatest but is there anything else out there? I had one on my katana I had before the 90 and had one of the wires break where it was soldered to the board. It shorted and fried some of the leds. Got a replacement and redid the connection with a bigger wire as soon as I got it and didn't have any problems. Was planning on doing the same thing if I got one for this bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another idea I had was putting some led strips inside the factory light, around the edge or something. Anyone had one apart and know if there is room?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Another idea I had was putting some led strips inside the factory light, around the edge or something. Anyone had one apart and know if there is room?
Easier said than done. The factory lights are basically melted together so it is not just a simple process to pull the lens off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now the best you can do is Raw Design's Rear Signal/Brake Light Kit...http://www.metricfats.com/?page_id=10&product_id=153

I e-mailed Clear Alternatives at least twice on two separate occasions about making something for the M90. Never heard back from them.
Really dont like the idea of paying 160 bucks when i can make it my self for about 20. Anyways got another idea after showing my dad what i was trying to figure out. Gonna make a license plate bracket out of 1/2 in plastic and leave a little triangular piece on each side of the plate. Drill a couple of holes in it and attach some leds to the back. We are also gonna try and incorperate some plate lights into it. Will post up some pics when i get it done if it works out. Damn dads always making my life a pain in the ass giving me ideas. :D " hey dad i think i am gonna put this slightly better camshaft in my camaro" " Well you know son you could have your heads reworked put this better intake on and go with this camshaft" has has cost me alot of extra money haha.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Really dont like the idea of paying 160 bucks when i can make it my self for about 20.
Didn't you start out the thread by stating you were thinking of ordering a CA integrated light and swapping the board into my housing? That's $150 right there...Signal Dynamics already makes what it sounds like you are planning on making yourself for $70 to $100, depending on how many rows of LED's you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't you start out the thread by stating you were thinking of ordering a CA integrated light and swapping the board into my housing? That's $150 right there...Signal Dynamics already makes what it sounds like you are planning on making yourself for $70 to $100, depending on how many rows of LED's you want.
Yeah but thats for an integrated. If i could make a circuit board i wouldnt be trying to order the CA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts