M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I am looking to replace my taillight with a clear one. Can you give me instructions or show me a link that does of how to take the rear apart to get the taillight out and then back together? About how long of a job is it???

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Hey Guys. I am looking to replace my taillight with a clear one. Can you give me instructions or show me a link that does of how to take the rear apart to get the taillight out and then back together? About how long of a job is it???
It's in the FAQ's thread, but here's a link: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...red+tail+light.

If you use a dremel, with a cut off wheel, and CAREFULLY cut the red one off, It will take about an hour, as it won't be necessary to move the whole light over. Just switch the lenses.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah bro. just looking to swap a red for a clear one I got off of a LE. Should be a swap. I am not cutting the lenses up like you did with the custom ones. Just looking to replace it off the bike. stock for stock swap

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Nah bro. just looking to swap a red for a clear one I got off of a LE. Should be a swap. I am not cutting the lenses up like you did with the custom ones. Just looking to replace it off the bike. stock for stock swap
Remove rear fender, unplug red one, remove 4 screws off red one, remove rubber grommets. Place rubber grommets on LE light, replace 4 screws, plug light in, replace the fender. Job over. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes it is. Iv done it about 5 times, Take off seat cowl, then you will see 4 more screws . take them out and make sure you snap apart the side covers that attach to the rear fender. One on each side of the seat, Then there are 4 screws holding taillight in, Not make sure you dont lose the black rubber o-rings around screws on taillight. and thats it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes it is. Iv done it about 5 times, Take off seat cowl, then you will see 4 more screws . take them out and make sure you snap apart the side covers that attach to the rear fender. One on each side of the seat, Then there are 4 screws holding taillight in, Not make sure you dont lose the black rubber o-rings around screws on taillight. and thats it.
And what HINK said too...........:joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
You don't have to remove the side covers completely, but you have to disengage the rear portion where they taper into the fender. They cover a bolt on each side that has to be removed to get the fender off. You can pop them loose and pull them out far enough to remove the bolt without removing them completely.

·
Registered
338 Posts
OneidaSuzuki #1-1 2007-09 VZR1800Z Limited LAMP ASSY 35710-48G70

·
Registered
103 Posts
when you replace the taillight does it matter if you put the blink reisitors in? cuz ..i just dont know where i would put em afterewards

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
when you replace the taillight does it matter if you put the blink reisitors in? cuz ..i just dont know where i would put em afterewards
You don't have to use them, they just blink faster if you don't. Some like it that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts