M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Kiwis
Im a new M109r owner and forum poster. I own an 08 Bull.
I was wondering if anybody has done the tail tidy mod on thier Bull and if so what did they do about the reflector requirment for a warrant.

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
If you mean to "cut the beaver". The OR reflectors are mounted on the back side of the fender struts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a requirement under New Zealand land transport act for there to be a red reflector on the rear of a motorcycle and there are positioning requirments. the Tidy tail (or fender eliminator ) leaves you with only the numberplate .I was wondering what guys here are doing to get a warrent of fitness .Eg where do they put their reflector.

·
Registered
642 Posts
you could drill a extra hole in number plate a put reflector on when you go for wof take of later . mount reflector n sissy bar if you have one . buy stick on reflector from repco remove after wof .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Consider making a bracket that you attach under the plate via the lower plate mounting holes and attach a reflector to it. A bracket 2 to 3 CM by the width of the bracket would not be too difficult to fabricate. You could also bend it to allow the reflective material to be perpendicular to the road.

How may square CM does the law require?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?

Not sure if you are looking for the full debeaver or just to move the plate up and show off a little more fat tire, but this is what I did to mine.
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174225

Not sure if you would need the reflectors if you have the LED's on it.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Hi Dean.......Welcome. I dont have a reflector at rear, 3 WOFs later no one the wiser. Cut the Beaver and one finger salute the reflector law......its not really enforced. Skid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts