M109 Rider Forums banner

Tail of the Dragon

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  dhoffman 
#1 ·
Hey all I'm heading from Fargo, ND down to the Tail of the Dragon come May 27th - anybody that has any suggestions as to how to ride it that has been on it please feel free to comment! :super:

Discussion starter · #4 ·
LOL :agree: Thanks Parker -words of wisdom - I'll do what I can not to crash :bigthumbsup: The reason I ask cuz it seems some of the biggest problems there is semi's driving that road (I've road curves b4 and am aggressive just not with semi's blocking my way on a blind corner)
I wish I could go down there the weekend before but I'm riding with a buncha H:edit:ly riders so I'm kinda set on their schedule cuz they asked me to come with otherwise I would be down there the weekend before to gawk at all the pretty 9's! If it wasn't 1300 miles :eek: one way for me to get there I'd go by myself :bigthumbsup:

Discussion starter · #12 ·
:beer3: I appreciate all the replies from you guys - I mainly wanted some input from some fellow 9 riders :bigthumbsup:

JGEDMIN: We might actually be heading through Frankfort, KY on our way accross but I'm not sure - if so I'll tell the hot little czech that your thinkin' about her ;)

DHOFFMAN: I was just in Fort Leonardwood, MO a month ago for a graduation! We are leaving the 27th and should be down there later in the afternoon on the 28th - not sure if we are riding it Friday but after 1300 miles but for sure all day Saturday! You can meet up with us if you want or throw a friendly wave as if you see a red 9 with a black V-stream windshield :a18:

JOSHJAF: First I want to welcome you and your wife back from deployment :welcome: and God Bless you made it home safe :bow:! Second - you guys are more than welcome to meet up with us (the more the better) :bigthumbsup: I will be with about 7 or 8 other bikes and some are brining their wives so it's all good you guys are welcome to come with! I will be leaving Fargo the morning of the 27th with 3 of others and heading to Winona, MN where we are meeting the rest - should be there about 1 or 2 p.m.! Coming from Sioux Falls you should be able to take HWY 90 straight East and it should take you right to Winona, east of Rochester! If you guys are there on time we will all head out and head south another 5 or 6 hours if not longer and stay in a hotel the first night then we are camping the rest! We are heading back on Sunday and hope to be back Monday if you guys are staying longer no prob but it's always a blast to ride with a group if only on the way there ;) And like I said I'm gathering we are caming on the Tail for 2 of those nights - there might be some beer, camp fires, and stories involved :beer2:

To those that are interested in meeting up shoot me a Private Message and I'll get you my phone number - I'd put it on here but ya never know who's watchin' :dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.