M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us went to the Tail of the Dragon this week and thought I would share some pictures and video. I know there is a group going this weekend and wish I could have joined them.

Video camera was the Contour HD helmet cam.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
cool, thanks for sharing.!!! a few of us will be running that the weekend before the VA meet.... I cant wait!!!!
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanks for sharing.!!! a few of us will be running that the weekend before the VA meet.... I cant wait!!!!
you will have a blast! We only ran it once and I was slow in the curves. We don't have switch backs in southern GA.

Hwy 441 out of Gatlinburg was beautiful, it's about 30 miles next to a creek and through the mountains.

Also we took Hwy 28 leaving the Tail and it was beautiful as well.

I highly recommend both of these if you have time

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time.....except waiting on openings to pass all the guys that were rolling about as fast as a pow-pow power wheel!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you guys had a great time.....except waiting on openings to pass all the guys that were rolling about as fast as a pow-pow power wheel!
Those were the guys I was with. I was just hanging with them and then realized the lead guy I was with was out of sight (only 2 guys in front of me instead of 3). So I decided to run at a m109r pace and move out. I caught the lead guy right at the end the Tail.

It's hard to leave a m109r!

·
Registered
893 Posts
:agree: CMHGUY(Eric), Hink(Shawn) and 47Steeler(Ron) will be riding Deals Gap from June 19 - June 21 or 22 so if anyone else wants to join come on and from there to Va for annual meet - also have room on my trailer for another bike if anyone wants to ride up to Va with me

·
Registered
367 Posts
nice pics man im going the 1st through the 6th cant wait

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice Video :bigthumbsup:
I like going up hill much more, more throttle and less brake 8)

Me and Locomoses are going for Memorial day weekend :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just got hired for a job up near there in eastern TN, should be moving up within a month. Cant wait to be able to do it whenever I want.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got my killboy.com photos back and thought I would share. I sure wish I could have meet up with the m109 group that came the next weekend!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Great pics and video. The VA/NC/GA Riders rented cabins in Gatlinburg last weekend so I know the good times you guys probably had. Thanx for sharing . . .

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Sweet video and pics that is the exact video camera that I want to get and after seeing the quality of Tbud's this past weekend and yours now makes me want one even more!! Sorry we missed you guys but glad everyone had a great time and made it back safe!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
great video and pics. Looks like a good time!!:2cool::a18:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet video and pics that is the exact video camera that I want to get and after seeing the quality of Tbud's this past weekend and yours now makes me want one even more!! Sorry we missed you guys but glad everyone had a great time and made it back safe!! :bigthumbsup:
I've been happy with mine. I just ordered the water proof case that is good down to 30 feet under water. I've got plans to test the video on my jet skis and soon when we go scuba diving. I'll let you know how it does.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I've been happy with mine. I just ordered the water proof case that is good down to 30 feet under water. I've got plans to test the video on my jet skis and soon when we go scuba diving. I'll let you know how it does.
Definetly let me know how it does with the diving adventure, I've thought about getting it for Diving as well!! I have leaned some towards the Go Pro though because it comes with a waterproof case and It is rated to a depth of 180' but I like the sleekness of the Contour.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts