M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine rounding a curve at the Dragon going full throttle, and you see this:

Sad thing is, from what I've read about some of these trucking companies (mainly Swift), he was probably just following the directions that his company gave him.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Wow, that was scary to watch. I would have thought that tractor-trailers of that size wouldn't even be allowed on the Dragon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Imagine rounding a curve at the Dragon going full throttle, and you see this:

Sad thing is, from what I've read about some of these trucking companies (mainly Swift), he was probably just following the directions that his company gave him.
Only a SWIFT driver. (Sure Wish I Finsihed Training). I had to say it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
surely the driver knows that he's taking out the cones and leaving them strewn about behind? I hope you reported him.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I saw that a while back. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Man that road need to be re-worked it could cause accidents.

·
Registered
472 Posts
if i was in my pick-up i would smacked right into the front end of that truck...swift would be buying me a new life...

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
That was Just Crazy ,There are warnings on the North Carolina side ,
The Rock slide hampered my access to the Tenn Side so i dont know if its marked
That Driver Got a REAL workout , Im sure he wont try that agin
They useally dont have those Cones out there, dont know what that was all about ?
The Weekends I have spent there are among the Very Best Vacations I Have EVER had ,
Cant Wait to GO agin :bigthumbsup:

thanks for the Post Pat !!! good to see ya around :doorag:

·
Registered
472 Posts
That was Just Crazy ,There are warnings on the North Carolina side ,
The Rock slide hampered my access to the Tenn Side so i dont know if its marked
That Driver Got a REAL workout , Im sure he wont try that agin
They useally dont have those Cones out there, dont know what that was all about ?
The Weekends I have spent there are among the Very Best Vacations I Have EVER had ,
Cant Wait to GO agin :bigthumbsup:

thanks for the Post Pat !!! good to see ya around :doorag:
well the riggs should see you coming now...although that rigg was running over those cones like he ment to...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Someone should send this video not only to Swift but also the local police or authorities. That is nuts.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
For everyone that say's that's why they have no desire to ride that road.....That crap can happen on just about any road. I've had it happen up here in do dunk Maine in the big ole city of Portland and out in the booney's as well. Not just by big rigs either. If your avoiding roads cause your scared of what might be coming the other way....Leave it in the garage. The Dragon is a cool ride, just do it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
US129 is exactly as it says. US means it is a federal highway which in some stupid way means "they"- whoever "they" are- cant stop the trucks from using the highway. i was there yesterday and unless a driver cant read english it is very well marked that trucks are going to have problems on these curves. for whatever reason the drivers or the companies ignore the warnings and try it anyway.
the video at the top is at least 2 years old and probably older. i have been across Deals gap at least 20 times in the past 2 years and have yet to see a big truck on it. personally, i worry more about another biker riding above his or her skill level. ooink, stoneman and myself saw the results firsthand a few weeks ago when a sportbike rider crossed the yellow line and hit a lady on a full dresser HD head on. :dontknow:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts